Another cake walk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
I kegged the Old Dog Brown this morning and pitched the Bent Rod Rye on the cake about 1 p.m. The Old Dog fermented in 18 hours & the BRR working already, even though I chilled the wort to 65F. The temperature is back up to 73F, so I stuck a bottle of ice on top of the fermentor to keep the temperature from going higher.

Since I realized two weeks ago that my fermentation buckets fit in the IceCube, I'll be able to dump some cold water on it should the yeast get too happy. And if it does blow, most of the foam should be contained. I stuck a pitcher over the airlock, just in case.

The only downside is looking back at my notes I had planned on 1/2 oz. of Columbus pellets for bittering and I used a full ounce. The chinook was 12.5% AA as well. Maybe I have a Rye ESB.

hehe, 1oz instead of .5 eh? I'm sure it'll not be all that bad, even maybe good. I had a screwed up batch of beer I kinda just thought up and made. Diddn't turn out too good. Anarchy Brewing Rocks but sometimes has it's casualties. Now I make sure to plug in my recepies into a calculator before just haphazardly going for it. :) 4.5% beer with 122IBU's :cross: Check out this link, hehehe... https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=9096

Back