30qt, Turkey Fryer, $25 @ Lowes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiltLifter

Reaction score
Just noticed today, Lowes was closing out a turkey fryer with a 30qt AL pot, Propane burner w/regulator and other turkey frying stuff, for $24.98.
Just in case you needed one!

Heh, funny you should mention that... I bought one today. My first brew on the electric stove just barely boiled. Never had a boil over. Wasnt what I would consider a "vigorous rolling boil". So, what is the drawback of using AL versus SS?

I figured I could probably do a full 5 Gal boil with a 30 qt pan. The pan feels real cheap, not much thicker than a coke can, but I bought it for the burner. 65,000 BTU cast burner, and a tripod stand that looks somewhat sturdy. I think I would have to be real drunk to knock it over :).

KiltLifter said:
Just noticed today, Lowes was closing out a turkey fryer with a 30qt AL pot, Propane burner w/regulator and other turkey frying stuff, for $24.98.
Just in case you needed one!

100% need one. Link please?

edit: or was this at your local lowes?

s3n8 said:
So, what is the drawback of using AL versus SS?
[dramatic music]
That question..... It's.... It's...
IT'S BACK!!!!
(enter hokey womans scream from 50's horror movie)
[/dramatic music]
(play sound of errie wind blowing)

:D

It was the strangest thing--I was walking through Lowes 2 weeks ago looking to buy a propane burner for a hot liquor tank (I also needed a pot) and a guy is messing with the floor model of the exact 30qt fryer you're talking about. I didn't really notice him, but as I walk by he says "Hey, you want to buy this?" So I look, and I'm thinking "hey, that's about what I need". I said "How much", and he replied "I'm marking it down to $12. I want it out of here."

Sold. :rockin:

I saw the same thing. Their web site said it was not available at my local store but they had 2 of them on clearance for $25. I paid $37 for mine 2 months ago and still feel it was worth it at that price. It’s an Eastman 7 piece set that sells for much more elsewhere.

deathweed said:
[dramatic music]
That question..... It's.... It's...
IT'S BACK!!!!
(enter hokey womans scream from 50's horror movie)
[/dramatic music]
(play sound of errie wind blowing)

:D

I was wondering who would be the first to say it!

daholl01 said:
I was wondering who would be the first to say it!

I was hoping no one would. Let's pretend it didn't happen.

For a "this vs that" type question, SEARCH FIRST PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Calibrated my pot last night. (what?) I added water one gallon at a time and marked the pot. I was careful with the volume (actually weighed the water!) and I don't think the thing is quite 30qt. If memory serves, each gallon was 2.25" higher than the last (the first gallon was 2.375" from the counter because of the pot thickness) and the last mark (7 gal) was about 1/2" from the top. So it's only a 29 quart pot, good thing I only paid $25;) .

ALSO, the first time you fire the burner, do it outside (vs in the garage) cuz the paint stinks for a few minutes!

Back