What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Obk comes through again great customer service bought a all grain starter kit 9 gallon pot, hydrometer, siphon, capper ect... siphon and bottling wand were faulty and the sent out replacements next day oh ya bazooka screen was forgot aswell and sent that next day aswell

A rather large box from Amazon.com. Inside, buried deep in the bubble wrap was my little one inch stir bar! I think someone on the packing line was playing a joke that day.

A 3 way gas distributor, some hose, quick disconnects and 2 taps so I can complete my 3 keg set up.

Refractometer. Dual scale, hard case, $29.99 on amazon from sportswarehouse. Reviews had me wondering if I would get it but I can assure you I did. No more 4.5% WTF's on my brew day anymore.:fro:

Refractometer. Dual scale, hard case, $29.99 on amazon from sportswarehouse. Reviews had me wondering if I would get it but I can assure you I did. No more 4.5% WTF's on my brew day anymore.:fro:

I also got a dual scale refractometer with ATC today! Got mine for the low low price of $23 or whatever on eBay.

And a carbonator cap because I'm too lazy to make one

I got an (e)mail today saying thatsome of my electronic parts for a controller build will be resent, express, since the first lot left the country of origin but never arrived in mine :( 2+ months waiting for a 3.5" LCD screen!

So it arrived today. Now I got to find some time to start testing it!

My Barley Crusher grain mill came in very late yesterday,to my surprise this morning. We were watching a DVD upstairs & I saw the UPS truck wizz by at 7:19PM. Didn't notice it come back around again? So here I am NOW openning another tab to check on it's whereabouts,when I turn to look out the window toward the front porch,& I see a new box sitting to my left next to the boxes of Cooper's PET bottles. Still wanna trade those.
But at least my grain mill is here from NB. Now if midwest would get a move on,I'll be ready to brew on National Home Brewer's day Saturday (observed). It is strange though,that NB shipped it to IL,IN,then to Maumee,OH,back up to Elyria,OH. Took till late yesterday to run it north of Detroit Rd to me? WTF? Why,I wonder,couldn't NB just ship it down to the hub in Cleveland,very near where I worked at Ford,then to me instead of roundabout the Midwest???

My Barley Crusher grain mill came in very late yesterday,to my surprise this morning. We were watching a DVD upstairs & I saw the UPS truck wizz by at 7:19PM. Didn't notice it come back around again? So here I am NOW openning another tab to check on it's whereabouts,when I turn to look out the window toward the front porch,& I see a new box sitting to my left next to the boxes of Cooper's PET bottles. Still wanna trade those.
But at least my grain mill is here from NB. Now if midwest would get a move on,I'll be ready to brew on National Home Brewer's day Saturday (observed). It is strange though,that NB shipped it to IL,IN,then to Maumee,OH,back up to Elyria,OH. Took till late yesterday to run it north of Detroit Rd to me? WTF? Why,I wonder,couldn't NB just ship it down to the hub in Cleveland,very near where I worked at Ford,then to me instead of roundabout the Midwest???

They have to get that 3 Business Days shipping used up somehow. {[_]

They have to get that 3 Business Days shipping used up somehow. {[_]

You may well be right. But they listed as 2 days if I remember right. I've been tempted to contact them & attempt to explain logistics to them...:drunk:
**I contacted them through their site. It'll be interesting to see what they say...!

Two 40qt stock pots (aluminum) and a bazooka screen. Now I can do full boils and I'm just a few parts from AG.

Next up? Fermentation chamber. I'm getting sick of feeding the swamp thing (cooler) ice all the time, and it's just starting to warm up around here!

You're not messing around, are you? :mug:

3bbl or bust! Got feeler gauges for the MM3-2.0 coming in today as well as my copy of Designing Great Beers, an infrared thermometer for checking fitting temps during direct-fire and a few digital thermometers for spot checking mash temps as well as for the chiller outflow.

Crappy pic of them, but the start of my hop empire: 2 Casacades, 1 Magnum, 1 Chinook and 1 Willamette rhizome from Rising Sun Farms (www.coloradoorganichops.com). The Chinook especially is a beast (thick as my thumb). All in the fridge right now, but going to get them into buckets before the end of the week. Glen with Rising Sun has been great at answering my questions and I would def. recommend them. Can't wait to start posting pics of bines breaking ground.

photo.jpg

12" domed false bottom for my cooler tun and an oxygen regulator for my yeasties. all from adventures in homebrewing...

A brand new Danby! Fermentation chamber for now, kegerator in the future. Just need to build a little shelf to keep the fermenter over the hump.

ForumRunner_20130501_192518.png

8lb 2row,2lb Vienna,1lb crystal 10,2oz cascades and 1vial White labs-001..was fix in to knock out a pale ale..I was super exited cause its the first time I ever used liquid yeast and my new DIY stir plate.. but of course I got called back to work, leaving in the morning for south tx for a month or so..BS!!!

Well, a few days ago. A 2 keg picnic tap system that fits in my spare fridge. The regulator came with a smashed pressure gauge and it also didn't work properly. They are replacing with and upgrade. We'll see. The beer is great it is just a pain so far to add some pressure, guessing, and dispense until the pressure abates. Hope they send the replacement expedited shipping.

15lbs 2-row
10lbs 6-row
12lbs dme
12 packets 1116
12 packets 1118
12 packets S-04
12 packets US-05
6 packets S-23
240 corks
6llbs assorted color caps
1lb fuggles
1lb challenger
1lb goldings
1lb sazz
1lb mt hood

You may well be right. But they listed as 2 days if I remember right. I've been tempted to contact them & attempt to explain logistics to them...:drunk:
**I contacted them through their site. It'll be interesting to see what they say...!

Might have something to do with where processing facilities are, I'm guessing it was mailed via USPS? To give you an idea I live in Flagstaff, AZ and if I want to send a letter (like a bill) to the City they actually transport the letter 100+miles to Phoenix where USPS has a processing facility because a couple years ago they stopped sorting mail in our own city. So instead of mailing ANYTHING within my own city I just take it physically to where it needs to be, rather than have it brave the 200+ mile round trip. Ridiculous? yes, and folks wonder why USPS is going under slowly, bureaucracy...

:off: <-on myself

Tub of PBW, yeast munchies (servo something or other) some stainless fittings for the 10g MT, Campden tabs for my $hitty water, thermometer for my 5 gal MT and about 40 ft of various sized tubing

on a more focused note hopefully today
10# rice hulls
10#carafoam
1#amylase enzyme (I have some experiments)
My beginning Cherokee workbook
1oz Mycogrow (a product from fungi perfecti for use on my hops grow. YAY!)
1 1999 Honda civic HX alternator

Got some fresh BKYeast Cantillon brett as well as a couple saison strains.

Back