Who's brewing this weekend, Aug 26th/27th

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewProject

Reaction score
I'm bottling my Cherry Wheat and Pumpkin Ale and also brewing this kit from AHBS

Double Chocolate Stout:
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=310

YUM YUM !!! :mug:

Glad I have some friends coming over to help. Gonna be a long day, but worth it, as we will pop the tops on my first brew, which is 3 weeks in the bottle come Saturday..

Who else is gonna get after it this weekend? :rockin:

I'm going to try to squeeze a batch o'bitters into the weekend schedule and fire up my new turkey fryer.

150,000BTU's of goodness....

:)

I'm on two weeks vacation from work, so I brewed on Tuesday (my Midnight Oil Honey Ale), and I'm planning another brew this weekend. I may jump on the bandwagon with a pumpkin brew.

i've set aside the time to brew but i haven't decided upon a recipe yet. i'm thinking i ought to shoot for a good october brew. any suggestions?

oh, and let us all know how those turn out for you, brewproject...

I'm brewing a clone of Real Ale's Fireman's 4

"Fireman's #4 Blonde Ale
This light bodied blonde ale is perfectly balanced with a touch of Crystal hops for bittering and aromatics. Fireman's #4 is a great choice on any hot Texas summer day or pair it with spicy foods to help you put out the fire."

mbarto said:
i've set aside the time to brew but i haven't decided upon a recipe yet. i'm thinking i ought to shoot for a good october brew. any suggestions?

oh, and let us all know how those turn out for you, brewproject...

an oktoberfest/brew sounds wonderful....

i really don't have an suggestions, as i am pretty new to this...

however, i have had a quite a few of nice Oktoberfest beers....

i will report back on my brews for sure...

brew on my friend :mug:

AleJoe said:
I'm brewing a clone of Real Ale's Fireman's 4

"Fireman's #4 Blonde Ale
This light bodied blonde ale is perfectly balanced with a touch of Crystal hops for bittering and aromatics. Fireman's #4 is a great choice on any hot Texas summer day or pair it with spicy foods to help you put out the fire."

wow, sounds great...

spicy foods, hot Texas summer days and Firemans #4, WOOHOO... :rockin:

is that a kit or a recipe?

i like spicy foods, peppers of all kinds, etc...

when i party with friends we usually do up jalepeno's and habenero's with cream cheese and bacon on the grill... :D

OMG a habenero filled with creme cheese and wrapped in bacon on the grill sounds just heavenly!!

This weekend (my weekend will actually be early next week) I'll be brewing up my IPA (will be my first all-grain) and hopefully bottling a batch or two depending on gravity measurements.

Exo said:
OMG a habenero filled with creme cheese and wrapped in bacon on the grill sounds just heavenly!!

This weekend (my weekend will actually be early next week) I'll be brewing up my IPA (will be my first all-grain) and hopefully bottling a batch or two depending on gravity measurements.

sounds great Exo..., your first AG, beyond my knowledge and technology at the moment, but i will get there.... :tank:

the habenero's are awesome... if you like HOT, then you are ALL in... i have some pepper lovin friends for sure... good food, good peppers, good brew and maybe some whiskey/guitar playin/poker... fun times. :mug: :cross: :rockin:

Well not this weekend...but tonight I brewed a modified steam beer...using White Labs east coast ale instead of a lager. 6.6 lbs coopers light LME, 1 oz 6.5 AA northern brewer bittering, 1 oz 6.5 AA northern brewer finishing. A light beer ready for the end of summer.

pariah said:
Well not this weekend...but tonight I brewed a modified steam beer...using White Labs east coast ale instead of a lager. 6.6 lbs coopers light LME, 1 oz 6.5 AA northern brewer bittering, 1 oz 6.5 AA northern brewer finishing. A light beer ready for the end of summer.

sounds good :mug: :rockin:

I'm going to try to get this Porter in that I have been thinking about for the last 2-3 weeks. We have been having some great weather here lately so brewing is really nice out on the patio.

i wanna do a porter next.

i wanna brew outside. DAMN TEXAS...

winters are nice however... :D

I have a wedding to attend, so I'll be out of the picture, but we'll be drinking plenty of homebrew at the wedding. Labor day weekend will be a big push for me, I may shoot for 20 gallons and two different styles.

Saturday I'm brewing up the local HBS's Oatmeal Stout recipe, and if I can I'm gonna squeeze in a Scotch Ale kit I picked up.
In the process I'm hoping to put a nice dent in my Belgian Wit , which is my first kegged brew. I'm anxious to see how the second hand system I picked up works. I think I may need a longer hose to the tapper though, it's only about 4'.

Im out of Nut Brown so Im doing another one of those tonight or tomorrow, then im going to do Dude's Fat Tire CLone again since it was so damn good last time.

This weekend I will be bottling my first brew, a heavily hopped Nut Brown Ale, and will brew up a simple Hefeweizen (not really the right time of year for it but its still in the 90's here in the mid-Atlantic and I wanted to get at least one under my belt before next summer!)

Tonight I'm brewing my Moonlight Mischief Pumpkin Ale.

I baked the two cans of pumpkin last night and got all my stuff ready to start right after work today. I'm very excited to get home and get this puppy going!:fro:

No brewing this weekend, although I may find time for a trip to the HBS for next weekend. At the very least, I need to get straight in my head how this whole mashing/sparging process works and decide on a recipe for my first mostly-AG attempt.

the_bird said:
No brewing this weekend, although I may find time for a trip to the HBS for next weekend. At the very least, I need to get straight in my head how this whole mashing/sparging process works and decide on a recipe for my first mostly-AG attempt.

you're overthinking it. its really pretty simple, especially if you use ProMash

Good luck on your first AG, Exo!

My plan is to do an Oktoberfest-like brew using WLP810 San Francisco Lager yeast. It is the first time I've harvested and stored a slant of yeast by freezing it with glycerine. I made a starter ~9pm last night and as of 6am this morning, nothing has happened yet. I'm hoping the yeast is still viable!:confused:

Oh, I know, I just need to go back over Papa Charlie's and Palmer's books, re-read some threads, maybe ask a question or two. I'm not worried about figuring it out, I just want to be able to visualize the process before I get started. I don't have time to actually brew this weekend, anyway; I have a deck that needs completion, a tub that needs caulking, a basement that needs cleaning, and lots of beer than needs drinking at the company picnic.

Hop Madness Saturday

And the Heart of the Valley summer picnic Sunday.

Good thing I have the RV, I'll overnight at the Brooks Tree Farm, then head for North Albany.

I've only got one primary and one secondary right now. When I get my ingredients for my next batch (caramel cream ale), I'm probably going to pick up another secondary so I don't have such a long lag between brew days.

So, no brewing for me this weekend - probably next weekend!

Racking the Pumpkin Ale (to get all, like, 3 oz of beer that aren't sediment...), then maybe making a port-style wine:

Figgy Stardust (a Fig Wine with the spices of Figgy Pudding).

I might do 5 gallons... yummmm.
I will be asking for help with the recipe in about 5 mins- I'll give it its own thread.

Yeah, that's what I'm aiming for!

I'll do 5 gals so I can drink some it this Christmas (when it'll be way too young), and then really dive into it the next year. Mmmm...

"Cold? Who's cold? I am Warm and Toasty!"

I'm brewing an ordinary bitter tonight. Don't have a digital scale yet, so I am guesstimating with the hop pellets. Can't wait!

need to hit up my LHBS but i plan to brew a Scottish Ale this saturday.
all that talk about cream cheese stufed, bacon wrapped peppers has me drooling. i'll definitely be barbequeing something to go along with my 3-week-bottled Porter Ale that i plan to dive into.

wow this thread took off since last night...

Good luck to all who are brewing, bottling and racking this weekend... :mug:

I've got a double brew weekend!:tank:I'm doing the Amber Alt on Saturday and then the Old Ale on Sunday with that 13 lbs of free grain I got from the screwup at the LHBS! :rockin:

I made some adjustments to a Brewers Best English Brown Ale kit tonight to better match up with the Style Recipes from Papazian's The Complete Joy of Homebrewing. It looked and smelled good going into the primary.

:D

I just finished my own recipe English Bitter. I used 2oz of Willamette hops @ 60mins, which sounds like a bunch, but they were only 4.4% and smelled very nice indeed.

I also used my new 150,000BTU turkey fryer and had my first boilover since I've been brewing(5 years), but I know what to do for next time to avoid that. It wasn't really that bad. More like a Coke overpour than a gusher, just barely eased over the side as I was cranking down the regulator. I like the fryer alot.

I got a sweet copper color that I'm anxious to taste now and can't wait for this one to be done.

Hope everyone else's came out good!
:mug:

I will be brew'n an IPA recipe that i picked up from my LHBS guy. It is his recipe and come to find out it is also served at an Indian restraunt here in town.

Brew on Bretheren!

Reverend

I did the Amber Alt yesterday. The color is dead on with Alaskan Brewng's beer of the same style. Now I'm on to the 13.2 lbs of grain they gave me extra! Brewing shortly...:mug:

I'm full up for the moment. I just racked my Birthday Brown Ale and tucked it in with the Kolsch and Porter while I head to Europe. My flight's delayed, so I'm stuck with Heineken till I land in Ireland tomorrow morning. I'll be kegging two of these babies when I get back in 10 days.

Brews.jpg

That little pail of white crystals is DampRid. It rocks. No condensation on the walls of this freezer.

Back