Danby keg cooler question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
I saw the Danby 5.8 cf keg cooler at Sam's Club today and it looked ideal for a brew fridge/kegerator.

Danby

It's very expensive, but I'm not the handy type (making my mash tun was enough excitement for me) so it seems worth it to me. It also has great reviews.

Should I get it?

Depends on your definition of expensive.

You can buy an Oster 5.0 cu. ft. fridge for $209 at Best Buy and covert it with this kit from Kegconnection.

1%20Keg%20Tower%20Kit%20Homebrew.jpg

Minus the keg, you have about $200 in parts (not counting the keg), plus the $209 for the Oster, so basically you are at $410 for a same product though smaller. I believe the danby will hold 3 cornies instead of 2 like the Oster.

I saw the Danby 5.8 cf keg cooler at Sam's Club today and it looked ideal for a brew fridge/kegerator.

Should I get it?

If it was the older model Danby kegerator, I'd recommend you think twice. But, the newer model (< $500) seems to have the kinks worked out. As a single tap machine, the only real change I'd recommend is to install a better faucet (e.g., Perlick), which is super easy.

Personally, I bought a used Haier 6.2 cf. ft. kegerator recently for $250. I'm currently purchasing the parts for a 3 tap, all stainless/Perlick setup 'cause I feel that one tap just isn't enough "bling". :cool:

Back