Where are you at INDIANA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched that game with horror. It was like watching something you've helped raise as a fan slowly die a painful death. Here's to the return to relevancy at least. Go hoosiers

Brand new brewer in the South Broad Ripple area here. I brewed my first batch just two days ago - an IPA extract kit.

I live about 10 minutes from Great Fermentations, which may prove dangerous.

DoubleAught said:
Checking in from Seymour!

Sweet. What do you think of the twisted crew brewing co.? I'm actually going to Seymour this weekend to visit a buddy. I will probably hit that place up as well as big woods and powerhouse

Sweet. What do you think of the twisted crew brewing co.? I'm actually going to Seymour this weekend to visit a buddy. I will probably hit that place up as well as big woods and powerhouse

Actually...I think a lot of it but I'm biased, I'm co-owner :D

We'd be glad to have you in, open 4-8 Fri, 2-8 Sat, and 12-4 on Sun

I'm going to be out of town this weekend or I'd welcome you in myself. We have a new Pale Ale on tap that's really good, just tapped IPA a couple weeks ago. The stout is our flagship beer if you like stouts I think you'll love it. I also recommend the Dirty Blonde, it's our best seller.

Tykees said:

This is all what's on tap this weekend.

image-298766449.jpg

DoubleAught said:
This is all what's on tap this weekend.

I will really try to make my way in. One of my only two growlers is from twisted crew. It's going to be full of some homebrew when I come down. Friday night work I guess. I had the brown ale last year. Pretty good

Apple pie? interesting...

It has quite the cult following. We brewed it as a Christmas seasonal, people liked it so much we have extended it. The only issue recently is Apple Cider is a major flavor factor...hard to get this time of year....

Checking in from New Albany, IN.

Anytime I travel I usually have to tell people I'm from Louisville or they have no idea what I'm talking about.

I am close to New Albany as well. New Albanian is always a nice place to get a good brew.

Eamster said:
I am close to New Albany as well. New Albanian is always a nice place to get a good brew.

Indeed. It's actually a pretty interesting area to be in. Seems like there's another brewery every couple years. New Albanian is definitely my person favorite. I hear that there's another one coming to Jeffersonville soon.

Logansport, IN here. Anyone in the Cass/Miami/Howard counties looking to make a run to a shop soon? I'm out of ingredients and need to stop buying piecemeal amounts of them.

Campbellsburg here. No good beer here except my basement. I either drive 40 mins to New Albany or 1 hr to Bloomington for breweries

Just caught this. I actually work for NetShape, which has a big plant in C'burg. You weren't kidding about that drive. Sounds like there's some good beer around Seymour though.

Just caught this. I actually work for NetShape, which has a big plant in C'burg. You weren't kidding about that drive. Sounds like there's some good beer around Seymour though.

Me too. There are only 4 of us that I know who brew. Which one are you?

Me too. There are only 4 of us that I know who brew. Which one are you?

My name's Greg. I just started working at the Sellersburg office in Jan, but I spent a lot of time at the C'burg plant with Tracy when I started.

Small world! Then again... this is a topic about Indiana.

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl[/ame]

Right between Illinois and Ohio....

(answering the OP ;))

New Albanian is great. Right across the river in Ky are some great ones as well. Against the Grain, Cumberland, BBC Tap room.

First post from Carmel.

The wife and I just started brewing this year. 4 batches so far. Oatmeal milk stout, pale ale, GF brown, and just brewed our first BIAB AG batch last weekend for Nat'l HB Day (Gumballhead clone).

We're both Boilermakers and our first intro to craft brew was Lafayette Brew Co. I remember my first sip of oatmeal stout fondly, and we try to make it back there as often as we can.

We are really excited to have Union Brew Co here in Carmel, and highly recommend. I've had some wonderful brews there (and some that I wasn't too excited about). The people are awesome and they're doing some great things!

BTW, just had Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds for the first time, and it might be my new favorite beer. One of my wife's college buddies lives about a block from 3F so they picked us up a couple of sixers in the 4 hours before it sold out. Probably never would have gotten our hands on it otherwise...

Cheers All!

Welcome marvinsjunk,
You can get a lot of 3Floyds locally but your right, Zombie Dust is usually just available at the brewery. I have a buddy that works in that area and commutes home every weekend so we have a pretty regular supply right now. I'm actually a bit heavy on it right now but diligently working on correcting that.
Check out Tuxedo Park Brewers for supplies and info, great place.

To Reno, how well do you think the stuff at our local hbs is? Some of it seems a bit.dusty for me to.chance same with you?

I was pretty underwhelmed when I went there. The Brewer's Best kits are convenient, but the selection was.... limited. I guess that's a product of the market: Maybe most folks here don't want to try brewing a complex brew, and he stocks what sells (which, if that's the case, I can't blame him. The man needs to make a profit, no?)

Biggest gripe, though, really, is the lack of yeast options. Maybe it has changed since I was in last, but he had two types of yeast: crappy, generic, dry "Brewer's Yeast", and another type of crappy, generic, dry "Beer Yeast". No liquid yeast. No Safale -05. No nothing. Just two types that I could get at my local grocery store.

So, yeah... I wasn't terribly impressed. It is nice to have a place close by where I can get bottles, caps, sanitizer, carboys, etc., though. But if I want ingredients, I'll swing into GF when I'm on lunch break in Indy.

To Reno, how well do you think the stuff at our local hbs is? Some of it seems a bit.dusty for me to.chance same with you?

Oh, and let's find a weekend, meet up and brew some beer. I've got space in my garage/drive, but you'll have to bring your own equipment.

That would work sometime, maybe even trade some brews. Yeah it is for just basics, they have wine yeast, which is.what the owner is know for lots of gold and silver medals at the fair I think. Do you work in Indy? If you could stop at gf for me that would be great, and wouldn't mind that is.

For sure. I've got some Pale Ale that is bottled now, be ready in a couple weeks. Thinking a shandy clone next, as my wife loves the stuff.

I work in Indy (for now), so would be happy to stop at GF on my way home. Would need a detailed list of what you want, and we'd have to agree on how you'll pay for them (I'm a big believer in "A man's word is golden... until he breaks it once", so you say "Pick up this thing, I'll meet you Sunday and pay for it" and I'm cool with that... up to a certain limit (no, I ain't buying you that $3000 five barrel brew setup thing-a-ma-jig on your word... sorry, wife would kill me.)

Also, don't know if it's your thing, but I'm also up for a day at the gun range, shooting holes into paper, then drinking home brew afterwards.

My email is in my profile. Drop me a line.

-- Jeff

Awesome, ill drop you a line in a bit. I may order it and have it ready for pick up. Saves time that way, and would be paid. I recently just got a couple guns. Definitely need to work on my aim. Lol

Greenwood here if anyone is near planetary brewing just open up they are good as well as oak and barrel. Has anyone else heard that Jason and Brent are leaving tuxedo park whats up with that is it going to be no more now?

Greenwood here if anyone is near planetary brewing just open up they are good as well as oak and barrel. Has anyone else heard that Jason and Brent are leaving tuxedo park whats up with that is it going to be no more now?

Never heard of Planetary, are they close by you in Greenwood? I'm down in Bloomington, always looking for new places to try.

Everyone need to go out to Conner Prairie this Friday May 31st. For History on Tap... going to be a blast. Tuxedo park will be brewing there weather permitting from what ive read at there facebook.

Moving to Indy's Broad Ripple from Muncie. Been brewing for less than a year, but enjoying the process. I'd like to brew more however, it's hard when you're living out of boxes for a few months. SWMBO and I are both boilermakers, hoosiers, and cardinals. Hoping to bump into HCC/SMC/ND folk along the way. Pity I didn't see any people from South Bend on here.

I grew up in South Bend. I feel like there isn't a craft beer culture in SB, well not until the Brothers opened up.

It's starting to pick up around here we have had Four Horsemen brewery and there working on opening up a brew pub at the state theater South Bend brew werks which started as a home brew shop last December in the last couple years in the surrounding area Bare hands brewery opened up in Granger and in Elkhart Iechyd Da brewery just celebrated there one year anniversary.

Jeffersonville here...We have the New Albanian, Cumberland, and Bluegrass Brewing here if you are in the area

http://www.newalbanian.com/
http://www.cumberlandbrewery.com/
http://www.bbcbrew.com/

Three more to add to that list! Apocalypse Brew Works, Against the Grain and Red Yeti, though I think Red Yeti is just getting started.

http://apocalypsebrewworks.com/
http://www.atgbrewery.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Yeti-Brewing-Company/317747291577977

There's a hell of a lot of beer down here now.

Now if only Wolfshead in Muncie would launch. Right now they are just a Sunday-only bier haus out of the Heorot. I've only been able to make it twice though, and it was pretty good. I'd say the best in Munice--minus my own of course.

Now if only Wolfshead in Muncie would launch. Right now they are just a Sunday-only bier haus out of the Heorot. I've only been able to make it twice though, and it was pretty good. I'd say the best in Munice--minus my own of course.

Ahem.... And mine, too. :drunk:

I'll have to get down there one of these days, taste a few, see what's what.

Back