Buy or Sell Wort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allhandl

Reaction score
Obviously we cant sell beer without the proper liquor licenses and so on, but does anyone want to sell me some wort? (regional of course)

How come we don't see much of this?

I am a AG home brewer and appreciate me some home brew. With my 52 kids (so it seems) off during the summer, there is no time for a brew session. So why cant we just order up some wort and let me pitch it and turn it into beer?

Anyone in Delaware interested? Any reason why this cant be done legally?

there are some full volume wort kits available (like Barons and brewcraft), but they've been selling hopped extract for decades.

I would think it would spoil very quickly. Think of something that spoils as fast as Milk, maybe faster.

Probably not seeing much because we all work really hard getting our wort so WE can make our OWN beer:D

Given outside temps for shipping, unknown sanitation issues, and a general mistrust of unsealed food stuffs - I'd go with a liquor store run for some pro craft brew if you don't have other brewing buddies to mooch off of... (Mooching homebrew is perfectly acceptable). Spontaneous fermentation will happen without EXTREME precautions taken prior to shipment to your door. Just my 3 cents...

Forgot to add - botulism will kill you dead and isn't worth having someone else's beer.

Back