HBT NFL '08 thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the 'Boys feel the need to unload TO, Chaz would be a viable alternative. I have a hard time seeing him being #2 wherever he lands, though, he's chaffed playing with TJ Housmeasigdjhfjhsgfjh (who I think is the superior player).

I'll be shocked if Michael-Mike Vick is not a member of the Raiders before all is said and done. He's a big name, he's flashy, he's got a cannon for an arm; is there anyone that fits what Al Davis is looking for more?

I'll be shocked if Michael-Mike Vick is not a member of the Raiders before all is said and done. He's a big name, he's flashy, he's got a cannon for an arm; is there anyone that fits what Al Davis is looking for more?

Or Cowboys ... I think the Cowboys are always looking to expand their criminal element in to the world of illegal dog fighting.

the giants can kiss my ass

you're just angry that the Redskins are the bastard red-headed step-children of the NFC East. All these cool big famous teams getting special treatment, and you guys sitting in the corner wondering if mommy and daddy will ever pay attention to you again.

(i was thinking about the "is there such a thing as too much sports trash talking" thread while typing this whole post:p)

you're just angry that the Redskins are the bastard red-headed step-children of the NFC East. All these cool big famous teams getting special treatment, and you guys sitting in the corner wondering if mommy and daddy will ever pay attention to you again.

(i was thinking about the "is there such a thing as too much sports trash talking" thread while typing this whole post:p)

(no, never quite enough....except when it turns into fist fighting)

yeah, literally, red-headed....I dunno though, a lot of the nfl net guys were talking a lot 'bout our skins early today.

what happened to the Seahawks being good a few years back?

(no, never quite enough....except when it turns into fist fighting)

yeah, literally, red-headed....I dunno though, a lot of the nfl net guys were talking a lot 'bout our skins early today.

what happened to the Seahawks being good a few years back?

i was thinking about that today. Seahawks were supposed to be up-and-coming contenders a few years back, but today was a good old fashioned ass-whuppin'...

I do give credit to the 'skins though. They have been in the NFC East with the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys and I think have never gotten their due because of that. But they are doing very well this year

Yeah the redskins are looking good. I appreciate their effort in beating the Eagles and the Cowboys.

It was really nice to see the Giants blow someone out like that. And I hope the Giants scoring that many points was an eye opener for Plaxico.

At least the Cowboys pulled this game out.:mug:

Barely eeked it out. Almost handed Cincy their first win of the season. I think we can now officially say that Romo is overrated. He's not terrible, but his lack of accuracy, especially under pressure, should be a major concern for Dallass. If he didn't have TO and Witten to snag his mediocre passes, he'd be seen for what he is: just another run of the mill back. I think, though, above all, he can't handle the pressure when it really counts.

A quote from SNL to you all "Daaaaaaaaaaa Bears da Bears da bears da bears da bears da bears da bears"

Not everyone can play the Lions every week. I think people beat up on the Lions and get overconfident, then lose the next game.

There's not a lot to back up trash talking a defeat of the worst team in the league. :p

Not everyone can play the Lions every week. I think people beat up on the Lions and get overconfident, then lose the next game.

There's not a lot to back up trash talking a defeat of the worst team in the league. :p

I predicted 3 wins for the Lions this year, I now realized that I was grossly overconfident when I made my prediction. Can I change it to 1? :D

I also predicted that this would finally be the year that Millen got canned, and that they're blow up the entire organization and start over. Here's to hoping that I'm right. :mug:

Ugh. Lions suck. That was just an amazing game. I thought they had a chance against the Bears, but alas, they found a way to look even worse this week. That whole game was a train wreck. No, take that back. A train wreck would be more interesting.

I was a bit hungover, so I just laid in bed watching the game. poor me.

So far this year I have been nervously riding the Cowboys to fantasy victory. I start Romo, TO, and Felix.

This week I attempted a blockbuster trade, but the other guy wouldn't go for it because he knows they're just about ready to blow up. TO's gonna do something stupid and Romo is going to start throwing mad picks, I can almost guarantee it.

Barely eeked it out. Almost handed Cincy their first win of the season. I think we can now officially say that Romo is overrated. He's not terrible, but his lack of accuracy, especially under pressure, should be a major concern for Dallass. If he didn't have TO and Witten to snag his mediocre passes, he'd be seen for what he is: just another run of the mill back. I think, though, above all, he can't handle the pressure when it really counts.

there is so much truth to that statement, it just hurts the 'girls to hear it....and this has nothing to do with being a 'skins fan....but wtf is up with the Giants?

I can't take them off, they are built into my eyes!

I'm watching Dallas trying to loose the game highlights now

I just don't see it, I have my Redskins Goggles on BTW

Their Achilles heel is putting pressure on Eli. That dude is a monster, but you flush him out of the pocket and he loses his composure and starts throwing crazy sh*t. I mean, hell, the skins played horribly in that first game, just awful, and they still only beat us by 9 points.

I think they're a bit overrated right now. Okay, so they blew out Seattle, in New York. Seattle is trash. Big deal. They almost lost to the winless garbage Bengals in OT!! Everyone's talking them up, but here's what they've had to face so far this year: the Redskins, who had a rookie coach and were wobbly after a couple bad preseason losses (and only beat them by a few points dispite their poor play)...and...um...3 teams with a combined record of 1-11.

Excuse me if I'm not terribly impressed with their 4-0 record. The skins are 4-1 after playing 4 of the best offenses in the NFL, and 3 in-division road games in the best division in the NFL. And this, with a bunch of premier starters on the bench with injuries.

The Giants are soon going to be exposed for the overrated team they are, especially if teams can start getting to Eli. Jacobs is a big concern, yeah, but still...that won't carry your team through actually having to play some hard games. Like the soaring Redskins at Fedex when they're 10-1 or 9-2. :D

Yeah, I forgot that their opponents were 1-11....Deon needs to get his facts straight, he apologized for not thinking the Giants were the best, at least everyone stopped riding the Cowboy's nuts.

Redskins are no longer under the radar anymore in the eyes of the sports nuts

I agree that the Giants haven't beaten any really good teams. However I think that Eli has done a really good job so far this year managing the games and not throwing "crazy sh*t"

I also don't think that Brandon Jacobs is the only solid player they have going. Their offensive line has been providing great coverage as well as good enough holes for grandma to run through. Hixon had a great game this past weekend since Burress was gone and Toomer is always solid. Never mind the other targets that Eli has Smith, Moss, and Manningham (who I really like).

They just need Eli to continue making smart plays unlike the two Texas quarterbacks! :cross:

But yes the true test will begin in November with Dallas, Philly, and the Redskins.

I agree that the Giants haven't beaten any really good teams. However I think that Eli has done a really good job so far this year managing the games and not throwing "crazy sh*t"

I also don't think that Brandon Jacobs is the only solid player they have going. Their offensive line has been providing great coverage as well as good enough holes for grandma to run through. Hixon had a great game this past weekend since Burress was gone and Toomer is always solid. Never mind the other targets that Eli has Smith, Moss, and Manningham (who I really like).

They just need Eli to continue making smart plays unlike the two Texas quarterbacks! :cross:

But yes the true test will begin in November with Dallas, Philly, and the Redskins.

I never said they weren't any good, I just think they're overrated and for the most part untested. They've got tons of good players, but they do have a few weaknesses. The O Line's been protecting Eli very well, and as such he hasn't thrown any crazy sh*t. But just wait until they play a face-rocking D that likes to crowd the box. I don't care how many great targets he has, if you get some pressure on him, he's going to make mistakes. But we'll see...their schedule is absurdly easy. They get to play the browns next week. Come on. San Fran isn't exactly a test either. But we'll see what they do against the yellow and black. Then they get dallass and philly. Yum! Within the span of a month and a half, they play dallass and philly twice, the on-fire skins at Fedex, and Carolina. If they come away from that unscathed, I will be a believer. But I don't think any team can endure 5 games in the toughest division in the NFL in a span of 7 weeks and not be just mentally and physically exhausted. Especially when those teams are all very physical, bare-knuckle teams. The skins wins over the past 2 weeks haven't been easy, they've been down-to-the-wire, working-your-ass-off-for-60-minutes affairs. I just hope the Giants have been resting up during this easy half of the season, because in a couple weeks, it's gonna get sick...I can't wait to see how they respond.

I can't wait to see how they respond.

Me neither I have been waiting all year for the divisional games all season to see if they can make it through. I just hope they build up some steam and roll on through it.

I was watching the NFL network with Deion Sanders and seeing him apologize to all Giants fans and at the same time say that he was dropping off the Dallas bandwagon made my day.

I can't believe that this year the skins are actually playing 4 quarters of football this year unlike in previous seasons, including last year

Back