Lets all do the Tax Return dance

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more poor now...the electronic deduction on Monday hurt :( But atleast when the stimulus check comes in a few months I'll be close to even.

I have to pay a little every year on the 15th. Would rather have it that way then give the gov an interest free loan every week by overpaying.

Yeah I was going to make the monetary leap into AG but my check was half of what I was told it was orininally going to be. So now Ill just get myself out of debt instead.

Then buy 3 more carboys, a wort chiller and stuff for 4 more PM batches!!

springer said:
I have to pay a little every year on the 15th. Would rather have it that way then give the gov an interest free loan every week by overpaying.
I'm with you, brother...I pay every year and invest my money throughout the year and get interest on top of that...only paid $166. :ban:

I have money auto deducted so that I dont have to pay on the 15th every year. I would rather get a nice little check for $1200 then pay even a few hundred

Arneba28 said:
I have money auto deducted so that I dont have to pay on the 15th every year. I would rather get a nice little check for $1200 then pay even a few hundred

As long as you know that $1200 was yours to begin with and you've been giving uncle sam a loan.

Bobby_M said:
As long as you know that $1200 was yours to begin with and you've been giving uncle sam a loan.

Not just loaning it to Uncle Sam interest-free (hey, the rest of us thank you!), but probably paying interest on it, too, if you've carried any sort of credit card or revolving credit debt during that time.

It's not always easy to do, but the goal that makes the most financial sense is to owe the most you can every April 15 without incurring any penalties for under-witholding. As long as you plan it that way and know the hit is coming, you get to maximize the use of your money in the meantime.

Back