Breaking News-Michael Vick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyin' Lion

Reaction score
23 years behind bars. That is only Federal charges, he is still waiting on State charges.

Had to be the first to post as they interrupted Regis and Kelly.:D

I'd like to have seen a harsher sentence as well, but justice has been served as more than just a jail sentence here. Vick will never play again, and his exorbitant pro ball player salary is only a fading memory now. This incident cost him his career and millions of dollars in future earnings.

Chris_Dog said:
I bet he gets out in just after 1 year.

For federal charges one must serve 85%. So maybe we will see him in 19.5 months. Good, got what he deserves. Now, when the NFL bans him all will be good.

Yuri_Rage said:
Vick will never play again...

Sure he will. I think a Grey Cup MVP is definately in his future ;)

Actually, I'm convinced that he'll serve about twenty months, act all contrite, Goodell will ban him "indefinately," he'll play and have success in Canada, petition Goodell to lift his ban, and Al Davis will sign him after JaMarcus blows out his knee. Isn't Michael-Mike-Vick/Ron Mexico destined to be an Oakland Raider?

He still has to face the state charges. I believe there are 2 charges that have a max of 2 additional years each.

I think he deserves everything he gets. If the NFL, or any of its affiliates, allow him to get a salery again, it is a crime.

I would have liked to see a longer term than 23 months as well.

I doubt that he'll ever see the playing field again in the NFL. If given the chance I'm sure that some team would sign him when he's out, but my gut feeling is that shortly before he's released he'll get a lifetime ban from the sport by commissioner Goodell.

Good. Dogfighters are, while not the lowest of the low, pretty damn awful people. They give Pit Bulls an undeserved bad name, too. Hopefully he acutally winds up serving some of this sentence.

OTOH, I found it interesting that, while the majority of the people holding signs and demonstrating at his trial were vehemently anti-Vick, Michael Jackson (er ... Whacko Jacko, not the one respected around here) had throngs of people cheering for him at his child molestation trial...

Oops, I posted this and immediately logged off, when I came back I realised the "years" mistake. Sorry for the confusion, but it seems others have corrected me. :eek:

In my defence, I hadn't had coffee and the baby was screaming (I was mad at the Regis and Kelly interruption).

I'm glad this fool at least got some time. I think it should have been longer. I doubt he'll ever be involved in the NFL again. I can't see anyone touching him, he's damaged goods now.

Flyin' Lion said:
Oops, I posted this and immediately logged off, when I came back I realised the "years" mistake. Sorry for the confusion, but it seems others have corrected me. :eek:

In my defence, I hadn't had coffee and the baby was screaming (I was mad at the Regis and Kelly interruption).

Now...I wonder what the mandatory minimum sentence is for not only watching Regis and Kelly, but getting upset when it's interrupted...

:D

Back