20 gallon electric build (with CAD)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicabeer

Reaction score
I am working on re-doing my small brew area and moving up to 20 gallons.

I am working on a design using Mcmaster slotted angle parts
http://www.mcmaster.com/#slotted-stainless-steel-angles/=gmqx0e

First, is 4664T21 overkill and I can just get away with the smaller 4664T18
(if you look at the site these numbers will make sense). I will be anchoring this to the wall and the floor.

I will of course be adding in the corner plates. I did not add them in until I am happy with the design. I also will put in a piece of 3/4 plywood or MDF under each pot.

More questions. does the bottom kettle have enough clearance?
Should I add in a center piece for each pot so it can rest on that?
Would the "empty" square be a good spot to add shelves in for bins?
The model for the Pots came with a bottom port. Should I put in a bottom one, or go with the traditional side port?

Sketchup Pic.
BewRig-3.png

Dud I have not built a tun of these brew sculptures but I have built two of them . Make a single tear setup you have to pumps you won't need to elevation. having the kettals lower makes it easier to work on, lifting them ,making measurements ect.. Other than that nice jobw

I agree. Unless you have it designed with the tiering system because of space limitation, I would make it a single tier design. As for the structural angle, I would think 1.5 x 1.5 should be fine if you do a single tier style with upright supports in the center as well as the outside perimeter (basically chop the top tier off and add one more "square" next to where you were talking about adding bins.

Space is the issue. I put the kettle on the top because a vent hood will need to go above it. My other option is to move the whole thing out into a detached garage, but I will only have a garden hose for water, and no drain.

Just a thougt find a squer vessel that you could put all the way across the botton use two 5500 watt heeat stick to heat it that would be the hot liquor tank the mash and boil kettle at a adequate height. A pump on each end of the tank. I think that might work well .

Just a thougt find a squer vessel that you could put all the way across the botton use two 5500 watt heeat stick to heat it that would be the hot liquor tank the mash and boil kettle at a adequate height. A pump on each end of the tank. I think that might work well .

Can you explain this a little more? I Do have a 15 gallon square vessel with two heat sticks in it now.

I think he's saying you should use a wide shallow tank for your HLT, that will allow you to drop the height of the stand so the upper tier is manageable.

Back