Is my beer ruined?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejoker

Reaction score
So I got all the materials I needed to brew my first batch, and meticulously followed directions. But about five days after I transferred to my 5 1/2 gallon carboy, I took the airlock off to take a hydro reading, and my girlfriend was taking pictures of me posing as Rodin's "Thinker" and I lost my balance naked, while atop the carboy and the bung slipped up my bunghole and I think I dookied in there. Is the batch ruined, or should I pitch more yeast to try and get them to eat it? I've been eating a lot of sugars lately, so I'm thinking some of it got all the way through :-/

"How'd this happen?"
"Well, doc, I slipped. One in a million shot."

I think the quality of your finished beer is going to be determined by how much time you spent impaled upon the bunghole.

You didn't pick yourself up right away, did you?

I just googled Rodin's Thinker and now I can't imagine the seat as anything but a carboy with the neck up the thinker's butt.

Keep it and see what happens. You never know, sugary poo may just be the new brewing fad to up ABV! ;)

So I got all the materials I needed to brew my first batch, and meticulously followed directions. But about five days after I transferred to my 5 1/2 gallon carboy, I took the airlock off to take a hydro reading, and my girlfriend was taking pictures of me posing as Rodin's "Thinker" and I lost my balance naked, while atop the carboy and the bung slipped up my bunghole and I think I dookied in there. Is the batch ruined, or should I pitch more yeast to try and get them to eat it? I've been eating a lot of sugars lately, so I'm thinking some of it got all the way through :-/

Did you google search? Someone posted the same questions 2 years ago. It drives me crazy when people just keep posting the same questions over and over without using the search function!

As for the fermentability of what got into the fermenter, we really need you to post your recipe. Have you been eating lots of easily fermentable sugars like maltose and corn sugar, or have you been eating lots of things that contain lactose or other hard-to-impossible to ferment sugars?

The episode was "The Great Cornholio",& I was paraphrasing. Had to adopt to the moment,as that's what came to mind with the op's story. ;):D

images

Back