Twist Off Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancers7x

Reaction score
I'm having a pretty tough time scrounging up empty pry offs, and I was talking to an acquaintence of mine who is a pretty experienced homebrewer. The topic of bottles came up, and he said it is fine to re-use twist off bottles for your brew as long as you take your time when capping and ensure the cap seats evenly over the threads.

Can anyone else vouch for the use of twist top bottles or is this just something else that can go wrong for a rookie home brewer?

Thanks as always.

I have heard the seal can be hit or miss. With that said, I have a friend who reuses twist-top bottles in almost every batch without any problems.

Never tried bottling twist offs, but a couple months of actively trying to secure all the empty nontwist beer bottles you can, and you will probably wind up with more than you know what to do with. I have cases and cases all just from saving my own and taking other peoples empties.

Back