whats your favorite style/type of beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fat_Bastard

Reaction score
to drink? (other than cold and all of them)

for me? I find myself going for wheats,hefes and blonde ales mostly.I like other styles but given a choice I would choose the above first.

Munich Helles
Scottish Ale
Oktoberfest
Belgian Dark Strong Ale

Notice the trend? Nice and Malty.

I have actually enjoyed some IPAs that were done well. But normally would never describe myself as a hop-head.

Dunkelweizens are my favorite. I also love Brown Ales, Doppelbocks and Marzens.

As you can tell I'm more of a malthead.

Ironically my favorite beer that I brew myself is my pale ale, which is hoppy enough to be considered an IPA. Go figure.

I'm a big fan of IPA's and really like "hoppy" beers, but also really enjoy Oatmeal Porter's and Stouts. Lately I have been drinking a good many Scottish Ales and ESB's as well....

I'm a big fan of IPA's and really like "hoppy" beers, but also really enjoy Oatmeal Porter's and Stouts. Lately I have been drinking a good many Scottish Ales and ESB's as well....

Read my mind, we are too much alike!!

Depends on the time of year and what I am doing. Right now I can't keep any stout in the house.

I tend towards the more malty beers... That being said "Time of Year" really dictates what's aleing me. Nothing better than a summer heffenwiezen after a day of baling hay in July... or a pumkin ale after spitting wood in October/November... or a nice bottle of Long Trail Hibernator tonight after the snow/freezing rain we got today...

I would have to go with Stout's as my favorite. Second would be a nice hoppy American pale ale and then comes the IPA. I usually brew 2-3 stouts per 1 APA or IPA.

I'm with Coldies. A Guiness type stout would be my desert island beer. After that, a good American Pale Ale.
I'm getting ready to brew a brown ale (as soon as my back heals :( ) so my second choice is subject to change.

I like them all, but if I had to pick one I go to most often, say when I go to a microbrewery; definitely IPA. Trinity's Flo, Colorado Mountain Brewery's Panther, Phantom Canyon's Phantom - all IPAs. I have not brewed one yet, but tried to buy Old West Brew's Jolly Roger IPA recipe kit last time I was there (but they were out of the ingredients). I think I'll try again this weekend. :p

Though an American Pale Ale is good year round, now that I'm getting a little older I tend to drink more "appropriately" for the season.

In the Fall/Winter months I like maltier styles like Marzens, Vienna Lagers, Porters & Stouts while in the Spring/Summer I tend to favor "lighter" flavored beers like Sam Adams Boston Lager, Sierra Nevada etc. When it's really hot and humid nothing is better than sitting around the pool with a Corona in hand. This summer the Coronas will probably be replaced by BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde if I can manage to brew enough of it :)

I love a good IPA year round but after one or two I get so thirsty it's hard to drink another one.

Rye... I love it. RPA, RIPA, replace the wheat with rye in an American Hefe.

but my new kick is CDA. Still working on that one, but I love all the not-quite-there experiments.

this old dog is set in his ways
APA
IPA
IIPA
DIPA
excuse me while I put some fresh hops on my cherios :cross:

My staple brew is ordinary bitter. It's very versatile for tweaking according to the taste of the season. Stout is a strong second.

English IPA/PA/ESB when i want something easy to drink. Other times an English brown ale or porter really hits the spot. Basically anything/everything I brew. :D A solid old ale or wee heavy is really nice from time to time too.

APA all day long. But I have to admit there's nothing like a Russian Imperial Stout and a cold night or a good Porter.

Every beer is the right beer at the right time in the right setting.

This said, I feel it's almost always the right time and right setting for a hoppy West Coast IPA :)!

I've always liked Stouts, but I think Scottish Ales or Irish Reds are my top.

I like all styles. I seem to go about 2-3 months on one before switching. I'm currently on a brown ale, malty kind of beer phase.

West coast ipa's...also a big fan of imperial stouts and Baltic porters. So basically the subtle stuff :D

I like extremes... Give me a big beer - RIS or barleywine... Imperial anything... And the huge Belgian styles have caught my attention as well. And on the flip side of the coin I'm getting into nice, simple session beers, bitters in particular. Depends on the mood. ;)

Back