o|||||o and DesertBrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
I'm going to be in Mesa from the 5th through the 7th. I'm there on business, but I'll have some free time. How close are you guys to Mesa?

DAMMIT!!

Why didn't I see this earlier? Cheese, I work right behind 4 Peaks. My LHBS is LITERALLY right out their back door! (The boss is always going out for lunch there.)

(Ollllllo, thanks for bringing up my, uh, weight issue!!) :D:D

steve

Man, the threads are hard to keep up on. I didn't even notice this one until just now doing a search for who might be flaming me <jk>.

This is undoable for me because of business crappola. I'm a 1.5 hr drive to Mesa and have a feeling I wouldn't be sober for the trip home. Weren't you also coming down for some spring training sometime? There must be a fair amount of you "sick of winter" folk coming to the cactus leagues.

Too bad.

I'm going to a Spring Training game while I'm there, on Tuesday. Too bad you're all too far away.

With work life, I'm just trying to hold on to not become an El Pistolero. Note sig, nothing brewing and no time for a couple weeks :(.

The wife's going to Hampton, VA this friday to visit my son, DIL and grandson. I gotta work.

I might be aable to meet after your game. My point is that you will want to not be in Mesa. What's the timeframe? Assuming the game is at HoHoKam?

olllllo said:
I might be aable to meet after your game. My point is that you will want to not be in Mesa. What's the timeframe? Assuming the game is at HoHoKam?

Game is at 2:30 and then I'm free till the next morning. If there's a place within an hour of the La Quinta on Superstition Springs Blvd that you could meet me, I'll make a trip.

That works out. I can meet up after work then. I'll PM my info and I'll get back to you on a specifi location. Tempe stuff is close. There's a Corp Micro called BJ's on Power and the 60 that will give you a AHA discount, but we can do better.

Chimone said:
Cheese, any way you could make it down to Tucson?

No clue how far that is.
FYI, I'm coming in on Sunday night, so if any of you are free around PHX and up for grabbing a brew and some food, I can meet you somewhere.

Cheesefood said:
No clue how far that is.

Think Chicago to Milwaukee + 10 miles. And about equally exciting of a trip. I'll be entertaining a$$w!pe corporate folk.

Oh and weather is to be awesome next week (if you're into low 80s). Too bad you couldn't extend it but new job and all...

olllllo said:
Planned on doing some pints tonight with the Cheese.
PM me and I'll keep you posted.

hey I pm'ed Cheese about my buddy up in Mesa. Hes a homebrewer also, and a damn good one. If you guys want Ill give him a call....Im sure hes down for whatever

He's going to a Cubs game in the afternoon.
Depending on how wrecked he gets, we're supposed to get pints tonite.

Also he may be a male baseball groupie. I don't know.

A little warm out today. Lets see if he remembered sun tan lotion for his lilly white cheese head.

Dude said:
Don't get used to it. ;)

Brewers ate a big ass-sandwich.

Saw a guy in a Packers hat there. Yeah, he was a lot bigger than me, still didn't stop me from shouting "Packers Suck" at him. Iffen he'da said anything, AIIIIGHHEEE!!! I'da had ma ass kicked n chit. Like my grandpappy always said...
""

Well, grandpappy was dead longer'n I'd been aliver. AYEEEE!!!!

Cheesefood said:
Brewers ate a big ass-sandwich.

You sound like you are confident enough for a friendly bet. Straight up, Brewers/Cubs season record against each other. Whomever's team wins, the other buys the first 2 pints when we meet up in the near future. Cool?

(I cannot believe I just offered a bet expecting the Brewers to win anything for me) *smacks head*

Cheesefood said:
Saw a guy in a Packers hat there. Yeah, he was a lot bigger than me, still didn't stop me from shouting "Packers Suck" at him. Iffen he'da said anything, AIIIIGHHEEE!!! I'da had ma ass kicked n chit. Like my grandpappy always said...
""

You sir, need serious help.

Cheesefood said:
""

Those are the words of a drinken man. Nice Work! :mug:

Dude said:
You sound like you are confident enough for a friendly bet. Straight up, Brewers/Cubs season record against each other. Whomever's team wins, the other buys the first 2 pints when we meet up in the near future. Cool?

(I cannot believe I just offered a bet expecting the Brewers to win anything for me) *smacks head*

You sir, need serious help.

Deal. Care to make it interesting on the record against each other? Say, the absolute best ~$10 bottle of beer you can find at the liquor store?

Dude said:
DEAL. :rockin:

Sweet.

April 23-25 is the first series
June 4-6 is the second series
June 29-July 1 is the third series
August 28-30 is the fourth series

We'll go by total games won. We need 7 wins to win the bet. If we split, we each send each other a ~$10 beer (and this isn't a $10 Strip Club Bud Light). Payable ASAP upon the seventh win.

I'm also game for some Most Runs Scored action. And Most Starting Pitchers Hurt And Forced To Miss The Season Due To Some Extremely Candy-Ass Injury. (I get Cubs on the second bet.)

Cheesefood said:
Sweet.

April 23-25 is the first series
June 4-6 is the second series
June 29-July 1 is the third series
August 28-30 is the fourth series

We'll go by total games won. We need 7 wins to win the bet. If we split, we each send each other a ~$10 beer (and this isn't a $10 Strip Club Bud Light). Payable ASAP upon the seventh win.

Good.

*searches desk for that Anheuser-Busch BE 22 oz. coupon*

Cheesefood said:
I'm also game for some Most Runs Scored action. And Most Starting Pitchers Hurt And Forced To Miss The Season Due To Some Extremely Candy-Ass Injury. (I get Cubs on the second bet.)

I gotta draw the line somewhere. Cubs are gonna have a potent 3-4-5.

But that last one's a risky bet for you--remember we have Ben "can't ever finish a season " Sheets. :p

Back