HELP!!!!! Ball lock not fitting on keg!!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HudsonHB

Reaction score
Just got a brand new kegerator with dual taps and two home brew kegs. It came with quick release ball locks. I have everything hooked up EXACTLY like the instructions show. I cannot get the quick release ball locks to firmly lock onto the fitting. The CO2 seems to be going in ok but the liquid will only come out of the tap if I am pushing down on the ball lock. Please help me!!!!!!!

maybe try to relieve pressure and snap the liquid QDs on first. Make sure you are connected to the right posts - liquid to out and gas to in. If they don't snap with no pressure, they wont snap with pressure.

Make sure you put a liquid post on the liquid side of that keg. Posts with notches where the wrench goes on them are for gas, those without are for beer. You won't want to force a liquid/black QD onto a gas post...

I wonder if the keg posts have those "universal poppets". Some versions have excessively long springs that won't compress enough to allow the QD to connect without applying excessive force. That can be fixed by removing the posts, extracting the poppets and cutting off a turn of the spring.

Otherwise, keg lube might help...

Cheers!

We fixed the situation by removing a gasket that wasn't needed. Thanks for the quick response. Drink on America!

Back