So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am brewing this weekend, a christmas ginger ale light hopped with golding hop and dark -malt and a tad of fresh honey 5 gallons oh and 5 gallons of Perry from my Perry tree its going to be a good christmas cheers and good will my drinking buds

Last night/early this morning I brewed a Belgian Strong Dark using the 3522 cake from the batch of Surly Cynic clone I just bottled.

Just brewed an Imperial Stout...just in time to bottle the Rye Stout...then mulch in the hops before it gets too cold...

I brewed up BM's black pearl porter today. Hit all my numbers and was a very smooth brew day. First time I've brewed back to back weekends in a long time and loving it.

Looking forward to giving my brothers-in-law a home brew tutorial with a 10-g batch of Thanksgiving oatmeal stout in the morning.

Somehow I got a way better efficiency than expected and even ended up with a little extra volume making my Dubbel. Shooting for 1.064 and hit 1.078! My only concern is the ibu's only being around 20...tasted damn good though! Kegged up an ESB also :)

Yesterday saw my return to brewing after having been laid up for 6 weeks following a crash on my Harley. My bike was totaled, but fortunately, I "only" ended up with 4 broken ribs, a double-fractured collarbone, an twisted ankle, and a bunch of road rash. (Good thing I had previously brewed an Alt, a stout, and a pilsner to see me through my recovery!)

Although a bit sore, it felt great to start brewing again! The moment I doughed in for my porter recipe, and that wonderfully malty smell of the mash hit my nose, I felt "back in the game."

Brewing is awesome therapy. Cheers.

Brewed a RIS yesterday afternoon.

5.25 gallons coming in at 1.091. Bubbling away happily at 62 degrees.

Cant wait for this bad boy to come around in a few months or so.

Yesterday saw my return to brewing after having been laid up for 6 weeks following a crash on my Harley. My bike was totaled, but fortunately, I "only" ended up with 4 broken ribs, a double-fractured collarbone, an twisted ankle, and a bunch of road rash. (Good thing I had previously brewed an Alt, a stout, and a pilsner to see me through my recovery!)

Although a bit sore, it felt great to start brewing again! The moment I doughed in for my porter recipe, and that wonderfully malty smell of the mash hit my nose, I felt "back in the game."

Brewing is awesome therapy. Cheers.

Glad you're ok man!

I brewed an English IPA yesterday, great brew, all the numbers fell in line, fermenting like crazy
My Brother brewed a stout, everything looked great, but the OG came out at 1.070 as opposed to the 1.060, we double checked everything, and couldn't figure out what happened there, so we just pitched a ton of yeast :)

Just putting this Oatmeal Brown Ale in the primary. All numbers are spot on, love when that happens!

image-752085464.jpg

Experimental pale ale,using up supplies on hand.Munich+wheat+light crystal+crisp pale+ victory/nugget-admiral/nottingham. Hope its good!

Brewed a Surly FURIOUS clone this weekend. I didn't buy a kit, I just wrote down the ingredients from the northern brewer site and went to my local brew shop. It started making bubbles in my blow off bucket in about 6 hours. The wort from my gravity tasted unbelievable(1.071). It's only my third batch as a new brewer. Can't wait for this one.

Just Brew It!

Primary: Furious clone
Primary: Apple wine
Secondary: hopped up American Ale
Bottled: Magellan IPA

I brewed Yooper's DFH 60min clone last night. Pitched two packets of Nottingham and it is off like a rocket this morning! Very excited.

Misplaced_Canuck said:
More like oily. I've had deep black beers that leave a "sheen" on the inside of the kettle. This one sure did too.

M_C

My oak aged ris stained my better bottle carboy from its crazy srm! I say the darker the better lol!

My Dubbel(well pretty much a dark strong now) is blowing off like crazy at 65, slowly raising to 70 over the week. (loving my new temp controller!)

I also think I know why we hit such a good efficiency..this was the first time I thought about using some kind of circular glass pan to push out/drain all of the wort from the grain bag(rather than just squeezing it with my hands). We ended up with an extra half gallon at the end AND still hit .013 OVER our anticipated SG. :)

My wife brewed her second batch yesterday,the summer ale clone I came up with for her. That cooper's ale yeast that we re-hydrated for it is giving the blow off a real workout as of noon or so.Pitched at 7:42pm last evening. So we have 12G of ale brewing at the moment,full capacity.

My future brother in law and I are doing something...probably his first brew where I sit and do nothing but prevent minor disasters.

I'm still working on my e-Brew Magic build and waiting for some parts to be delivered.

Brewing a pale ale this weekend with the Wyeast 1469 seasonal yeast, and trying something new in the process: double-dropping. Been reading about it on UK homebrewer forums. Will be a fun little experiment.

Brewing a Cranberry Walnut Christmas Brown Ale on Saturday afternoon and a double batch of my personal favorite Centennial IPA on Sunday.

Edit: Have not brewed in a month ... got to have a fix!!!

We haven't brewed in a while either. Been working on 3 batches we had ready. Now I can watch my Burton ale & her summer ale on the fermenter/storage stand to my right,happily fermenting their lil hearts out. With an occasional whiff of malt or hops. Now THAT'S air freshener!!

brewing up something I'm calling Hell Hound IPA, going to have 9 oz of hops. my best friend and brewing assistant was going to help but his father in law had a heart attack and just got released home, so it will be a one man show tomorrow. Bummed about his FIL (who is awesome) and that he won't be here with me

Man I want to so bad however, I am not gonna brew until my new 72 qt brew kettle shows up :rockin: But I won't receive it until next week

Brewed a pumking clone and a smoked porter the past 2 days. Got to wait for the fermentation fridge has some room cause I got a total of 4 empty kegs!

Will probably be brewing a batch of ordinary bitter since my supply of bitter is getting dangerously low.

Back