Group Buy in Chicago #3

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
three more what again? are you still doing a split with sathingtonwilloby I believe?

I pm'd demon already but I would like to add a sack of each: Bairds Pils, Thomas Fawcett Otter and Great Western 2-row. I am still in for all the splits that was updated on the spreadsheet last time I checked and the Munich that I just requested earlier with wernerherzog.

I can’t access the spreadsheet at work but I will give it a look over tonight or tomorrow asap to make sure everything is set. If I already have any of the newly requested three on order then these will be IN addition to the current order. Can't ever have enough grain. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

just skimming the spreadsheet looks like you're already signed up for a best malz pils, ThatGuyRyan. The spreadsheet has Willoby and porter's and is at 33. If you were to add 3 more, it'd be 36. (unless you don't want two different sacks of pilsener then it'd be 35).

The second tier price range says 2000-4000 lbs is what gives us a price shift. Before someone had said 40-42 sacks would get us a bump but 2000/55= 36.3? I would be willing to add on a sack of pale from probably bairds if it helps us get bumped up. Need to check the name on the sack at my brewspace to make sure of the company.

Can demon or bmason verify that we only need 37 sacks to hit the price-break?

just skimming the spreadsheet looks like you're already signed up for a best malz pils, ThatGuyRyan. The spreadsheet has Willoby and porter's and is at 33. If you were to add 3 more, it'd be 36. (unless you don't want two different sacks of pilsener then it'd be 35).

The second tier price range says 2000-4000 lbs is what gives us a price shift. Before someone had said 40-42 sacks would get us a bump but 2000/55= 36.3? I would be willing to add on a sack of pale from probably bairds if it helps us get bumped up. Need to check the name on the sack at my brewspace to make sure of the company.

Can demon or bmason verify that we only need 37 sacks to hit the price-break?

I am down for both pils so we are good with that. I also ran the numbers and would like to add another 5 sacks of the same DME I already ordered for a total of 6 DME. If this if over the shipping limit please adjust to the limit and I will take as many as I can get. I will PM Demon and Bill.

Thanks to all!

Ryan

I know most of the imports are 55lbs. (and I haven't seen the spread sheet), but in the Country Malt catalog some of the bags are only 50 lbs. Just make sure whoever does the final math knows whether some are only 50, so there's no surprise after the order is placed.

looks like Great Western is the only company with 50 lb. sacks. We have two sacks of Great Western on there. I'm one, and if ThatGuyRyan is willing to reconsider we can re-order to a different company for our Crystal 60 to get 55 instead, (if it ends up mattering for the final count). Everything else is 55 lbs. LMK ThatGuy...

Also, my brewclub meeting is on Sunday. I bet we can get one or two more then. Can we hold off til Monday? I think we could bump up to the necessary limit then.

OK, I updated the spreadsheet with ThatRyanGuy's additional grain. We were at 41 sacks so I took the liberty of adding an additional sack for myself. We are at our limit of 42.

Wernerherzog, I will ask if we can add more than 42 sacks on a pallet but I don't think we can.

EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK YOUR PORTION OF THE SPREADSHEET FOR ERRORS. THANK YOU.

I'll keep you posted, I got a pm from a couple people requesting a sack each. Let me confirm and we will work it out what you want to drop.

I just updated the spreadsheet with the split order #7 between ThatRyanGuy and wernerherzog. I know I sound like a broken record but please check your individual orders.

I decided I NEED a bag of Maris Otter, if still possible, even if I have to take the whole bag myself.

porterguy said:
I decided I NEED a bag of Maris Otter, if still possible, even if I have to take the whole bag myself.

Take the whole bag yourself if you still can. Don't be shy. You can never have too much grain.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

I have not received a link to the spreadsheet yet. I am going to be pretty much unavailable the next 24 hours and I don't want to cause any issues. Could someone please send me the link to the spreadsheet in the next 2 hours if possible? Thanks!

I have not received a link to the spreadsheet yet. I am going to be pretty much unavailable the next 24 hours and I don't want to cause any issues. Could someone please send me the link to the spreadsheet in the next 2 hours if possible? Thanks!

PM sent. I hope I wasn't too late.

Dead line is tomorrow.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR INDIVIDUAL PORTION OF THE SPREAD SHEET FOR ERRORS. THANK YOU.

There are a couple "pending" orders I received in PM that are not in the spreadsheet. I'm waiting to see if one of the bigger orders wants to drop a couple sacks to accommodate new orders before responding to PMs. I'll update those people tomorrow.

There are a couple "pending" orders I received in PM that are not in the spreadsheet. I'm waiting to see if one of the bigger orders wants to drop a couple sacks to accommodate new orders before responding to PMs. I'll update those people tomorrow.

Have you heard anything back on the pending orders?

Porterguy want's half a sack of otter. We can just split the one on my order unless someone else needs it. And please let me know if anyone else still wants in.

Porterguy want's half a sack of otter. We can just split the one on my order unless someone else needs it. And please let me know if anyone else still wants in.

funnel all of this info through Demon. Let's try to tie this all up by tomorrow. thanks.

n2deep said:
Who should I be paying for my sacks?

This is for the Chicago group buy newbies. We still need to get a quote from the distributor. Once I have that Demon will email/PM everyone the link to the quote. Then we (either Demon or myself) start collecting money via cash, paypal or check. Once everyone has paid (and it will be noted on the spreadsheet) we pay the distributor then they deliver grain to my place.

Final changes have been submitted. After bmason confirms the spreadsheet is updated PLEASE check for any errors.

waltmarkers said:
PMd Demon to add 3 bags to this last min. (Sorry - I just started regularly reading HBT)

I hope someone is kind enough for you to cut back on their order. We're already maxed out unfortunately.

waltmarkers said:
Wow - I didn't realize you could max out - full pallet thing? Oh well - I'll live if I can't get in.

We're already at 42 bags which is the max for one pallet. Maybe someone will cut back on their order to accommodate you. Why don't you PM Demon what you want and of room becomes available he will let you know. Thanks for your interest.

PMd Demon to add 3 bags to this last min. (Sorry - I just started regularly reading HBT)

I'll put you on the list as "standby". If someone drops out or does not submit payment in time I'll try to get your order in.

OK, spreadsheet has been updated with the last second adjustments. We are maxed out at 42 bags.

EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK YOUR PORTION OF THE SPREADSHEET FOR ANY ERRORS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back