Group buy in Chicago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bmason, the payment method really just depends on how quickly we'll get the products. Personally, I wouldn't be able to put them to use until the weekend at the very earliest so whether the shipment arrives mid-week or end-week makes no difference to me. I vote on whatever is easiest or most comfortable for you, especially since you've put forth so much effort for this already.

Thanks!

I just emailed the distributor with a quick update. I told her that I was hoping to place the order by Tuesday.

I found this thread by accident and would like to participate. I'm not sure who to contact. Could someone pm so I can learn how to join in. I would buy a 55lbs bag of Maris otter.

Retrofit said:
I found this thread by accident and would like to participate. I'm not sure who to contact. Could someone pm so I can learn how to join in. I would buy a 55lbs bag of Maris otter.

Retro, you are too late for this first round. There will be another round in the future and you are free to participate then.

I would be more than happy to coordinate another purchaser for those who wanted to get in on this one but were either too late or just couldn't do it this time around. All I ask is that someone else handle the money. I'll take care of the entries, receiving and sorting of grains. I dont want to handle money unless I am also buying for myself. Just let me know.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

I would be interested in the next group buy. I am going to try my first BIAB tomorrow. Could you send me the price list just so I could get an idea of the prices. I'd assume they will change a little bit by the time the next group buy goes down. Where we able to buy anything besides grains? Bottle caps, wax, etc...

I'll probably be down for another group buy relatively soon, maybe 2 months. Just do us a favor and mention something on this thread since I and many others are already subscribed to it.

Maybe if they see we're repeat customers then theyll let us buy other stuff too.

Beside grain they will sell only the following: Belgian Candi Syrup, DME, LME, Oak Spirals, Hops, and the Gilbert & Son items. I have a copy of the Home Brew Sales Book.

Beside grain they will sell only the following: Belgian Candi Syrup, DME, LME, Oak Spirals, Hops, and the Gilbert & Son items. I have a copy of the Home Brew Sales Book.
Thats great...they said no to us :rockin:

They will not sell you spices, that is what you guys requested right?

I wasn't the one who asked. I wanted spices, a split on DME, Belgian Candi Sugar, spices, hops and some nylon bags and it was relayed as a general "no" to non-grain items.

Maybe on next round we'll ask more specifically?

bmason, if you talk to them again it might be worth asking for clarification just as an FYI for next time...

Randar said:
I wasn't the one who asked. I wanted spices, a split on DME, Belgian Candi Sugar, spices, hops and some nylon bags and it was relayed as a general "no" to non-grain items.

Maybe on next round we'll ask more specifically?

bmason, if you talk to them again it might be worth asking for clarification just as an FYI for next time...

They specifically said that they couldn't/wouldn't sell us Breiss grain or specialty items like hops, hop bags, sugars, etc. I will definitely ask again the next time we order, assuming that I'm heading the purchase again...

Retrofit said:
Have you considered nylon? Mine last forever. Look terrible but they are clean and sanitary.

I like muslin bags because I can just toss them when I'm done.

The paypal transfer to my account has cleared. Just emailed the distributor and will call her to place the credit card transaction. I'll post expected delivery date once I find out.

okey dokey. I just placed the order. It will ship out on Tuesday and be delivered on Wendseday. Not sure why it takes one day since I'm only 45-60 minutes away but whatever. Important thing is that we're getting our grain. I would like to set up grain pick up "appointments" beginning on Thursday. This will give me some time to break down the bags for the split orders. Sen Ace your day/time requests. I'm usually at my shop between 9am-2:30pm then 5:00pm on. Lets make Saturday's time 10am-3pm and Sunday 11am-2pm. Also, one more important request on my part. I am going to have everyone sign off on their pick ups; no exceptions. Does that sound good to everyone?

EDIT: Send Ace your pick up time requests. Thanks.

okey dokey. I just placed the order. It will ship out on Tuesday and be delivered on Wendseday. Not sure why it takes one day since I'm only 45-60 minutes away but whatever. Important thing is that we're getting our grain. I would like to set up grain pick up "appointments" beginning on Thursday. This will give me some time to break down the bags for the split orders. Sen Ace your day/time requests. I'm usually at my shop between 9am-2:30pm then 5:00pm on. Lets make Saturday's time 10am-3pm and Sunday 11am-2pm. Also, one more important request on my part. I am going to have everyone sign off on their pick ups; no exceptions. Does that sound good to everyone?

Sounds good. I don't think anyone should be adverse to signing off on their pick ups. Best way to ensure that everything is accounted for.

thanks again!!

Im out this weekend like we discussed can I do Monday after 5pm?

Thanks bmason. I'll have to pick up in the evening some day hopefully during the week. How late are you there in the evenings after 5? I don't expect you to wait around late but I'd like to skip the evening rush hour if possible. One other thing is what intersection are you near? I need to estimate how long it will take me to get there. I know you posted a grid location earlier in the thread but I can't search that out :\

After 5 is fine. just let me know which days are best for everyone. Again, I'm 1800N, 4900W.

bmason, is that around W. North Ave (64) and N Austin Ave? That's the area that pops up when I google 1800 N & 4900 W, Chicago. Trying to figure out the best way/time to get there - whether immediately after work or to wait after rush hour.

Maybe it would be easiest to just PM me the exact address of your shop.
Thanks!

bmason, is that around W. North Ave (64) and N Austin Ave? That's the area that pops up when I google 1800 N & 4900 W, Chicago. Trying to figure out the best way/time to get there - whether immediately after work or to wait after rush hour.

Maybe it would be easiest to just PM me the exact address of your shop.
Thanks!

Grand and Cicero...

EDIT: My exact address is on the quote. Ask Ace for the link if you don't have it.

I am supposed to be getting the PRO number tomorrow morning. I'm assuming that delivery is still on for tomorrow. Will post back once I have that confirmed.

Mm...grain.

The rice hull sacks look like bundles of home insulation. Maybe we can start pick ups Friday after 5 pm. Let Ace know of your pick up request.

ForumRunner_20110406_121406.jpg

I received the malt analysis in hard copy form. I requested it emailed to me so that I can send it to Ace and he can forward it to everyone else.

EDIT: I have emailed Ace the malt analysis sheets.

bmason1623 said:
I received the malt analysis in hard copy form. I requested it emailed to me so that I can send it to Ace and he can forward it to everyone else.

EDIT: I have emailed Ace the malt analysis sheets.

Bmason, is your name or address anywhere on the analysis? If not, it would be easier for me to just post it in the forum, rather than pm it to everyone.

So are we starting pickups tomorrow or Friday bmason? Originally you said Thursday, but if Friday works better for you that's all good by me. I'll have to stop by after 5pm either way, but I'd like to pickup before the weekend since I'm aiming to brew this weekend.

Back