Kid Rock beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few more threads that discuss this.

Check out the related links below.

Guess I should have searched; I checked for unread posts, not good enough. Oh well, carry on as usual.

Even worse is that Brett Michaels tried to do the same thing. My girlfriend has forced me to watch Rock of Love the show where he bangs train wreck after train wreck and basically at the end realizes that he is not in love and has a whole new season filled with Gonorea. Anyway, at the end of the show they would "toast" with "Brett Brew". Made me throw up in my mouth. It was probably watered down keystone light or Bud Ice. TOOL.

Hopefully Brett Brew only contains water, malt, yeast, and hops...

Badass beer is made by Michigan Brewing Company and looks to be a quality product, if I am any judge of their beers. Probably a pretty light style, like a premium light lager.

Badass? That's the best name he could come up with? Were Wife Beater Blonde or Trailer Park Lager taken?

I tried the beer this past weekend. It wasn't bad. Only had 1 glass of it. It had a similar taste of a budweiser with some unique flavor. I couldn't figure the flavor out.

Its made by a reputable brewery. His names on it. I doubt he put much effort into the flavor.

He also has a bourbon out. Its jim beam with I think it was cherry flavoring. Forgot the name though.

I'd like to try it. Sounds like it's not my kind of beer, but it's worth checking out. You know he is not going to step outside the norm too much on flavor. There are tons more people drinking BMC stuff than good beer.

Badass? That's the best name he could come up with? Were Wife Beater Blonde or Trailer Park Lager taken?

When I was visiting family in London, I bought a four pack of Stella Artois and they were horrified. A family friend later told me, "That quite low-class, actually. It what caravaners drink, like wife beater beer or something". Stella certainly isn't even in my top 100, and I'll drink it in a pinch... but wife beater beer? Kid Rock schwill, now that's wife beater beer.

Yeah the beer isn't terrible, pretty good actually. The one bar down the street from me has it on draught. If I am going to drink a miller lite I'll go for this instead mostly because it's made in Michigan and it is smoother. The bar had a special $2.50 for a 24oz.

Not that I was gonna go see it anyway, but when I heard some horrible Kid Crock song used for the music for the GI Joe movie trailer, I vowed then and there to never, ever, evar see that movie. The same will go for his beer. He is the proverbial floating turd in the gene pool.

I'm not a big fan of his music, and I too used to think he was a d-bag, but over the last couple years he has, in his own way done, quite a lot for the economy of Michigan/Detroit area.

He CHOSE to brew his beer in Michigan with a craft brewer rather than having a boutique producer brew it, or just slapping his name/trademark on some beer produced by a BMC brewery. He also chose a company Michigan Brewing Company that uses biodiesel run their operation.

He has attached some of the profits of his MADE IN DETROIT clothing line to various charities and funds, including Wayne State University's Music Business Program;

Kid Rock and his "Made in Detroit" apparel line are working with Wayne State University to help start a college scholarship fund for area music students.

The Detroit clothing company will create 2,500 limited edition T-shirts bearing the school's name and the "Made in Detroit" logo, which features a factory worker in silhouette, carrying a large wrench.

And even last week he did this cool thing for a Pizza Delivery Guy who he heard about who was robbed and beaten in Ohio.

His public persona may come of as a red-neck D-bag, and his music may have that sort of a following, but his behind the scenes generosity for Michigan and this area (and I guess he's done stuff like the pizza guy all around the country, quietly) has kinda leaned me a little bit pro-him.

I saw the beer the other day at one of the great beer shops locally, I dodn't pick any up, but I will give it at least one shot. And even if it's not my cup of tea, I applaud him for going with a craft brewery rather than a huge corporate conglomerate turning out macro-swill.

Yeah, I would probably not hang out with him or anything, but I do like some of his music. Not most, but some.

I'd like to see this on tap at our local bar. I wonder how the locals would react to a michigan-made beer if they knew it had his name on it. They love the local celebs, but more the redneck deer-killing Ted Nugent types, than pseudo-trailer-trash Kid Rock types.

His aim was to keep the price low and market something that would sell big to be drank on the sandbar.

What I find most interesting- it's a cheap, BMC beater at the store, but it's 4 bucks a pint at MBC, just like all the other beers. :confused:

After a two beer R&D failed to inspire him, he chose basically the MBC blond with a different hop schedule. I haven't tried the final one.

I'm not a big fan of his music, and I too used to think he was a d-bag, but over the last couple years he has, in his own way done, quite a lot for the economy of Michigan/Detroit area.

He CHOSE to brew his beer in Michigan with a craft brewer rather than having a boutique producer brew it, or just slapping his name/trademark on some beer produced by a BMC brewery. He also chose a company Michigan Brewing Company that uses biodiesel run their operation.

He has attached some of the profits of his MADE IN DETROIT clothing line to various charities and funds, including Wayne State University's Music Business Program;

And even last week he did this cool thing for a Pizza Delivery Guy who he heard about who was robbed and beaten in Ohio.

His public persona may come of as a red-neck D-bag, and his music may have that sort of a following, but his behind the scenes generosity for Michigan and this area (and I guess he's done stuff like the pizza guy all around the country, quietly) has kinda leaned me a little bit pro-him.

I saw the beer the other day at one of the great beer shops locally, I dodn't pick any up, but I will give it at least one shot. And even if it's not my cup of tea, I applaud him for going with a craft brewery rather than a huge corporate conglomerate turning out macro-swill.

I guess the gnawing guilt he felt from producing all that terrible white trash "music" (and I use that term looseley) had to be assuaged somehow. :p;)

I guess the gnawing guilt he felt from producing all that redneck trash "music" (and I use that term looseley) had to be assuaged somehow. :p;)

Could be, my friend, could be....Honestly, I couldn't even tell you the name of any of his songs, or even if I have heard one all the way through. His music is that far off my radar.

I guess the gnawing guilt he felt from producing all that terrible white trash "music" (and I use that term looseley) had to be assuaged somehow. :p;)

He's a far more talented musician than you would think. Music is like beer, there's a time and a place for all of it.

Supposedly the beer is going to be released in Texas, I'll probably end up trying it. Gotta support a Michigan product, even if I don't live there anymore.

Could be, my friend, could be....Honestly, I couldn't even tell you the name of any of his songs, or even if I have heard one all the way through. His music is that far off my radar.

Same here. But I know him when I hear him, just by the sound of him screaming into the mic. Actually, there is one song that I do know, where the refrain is "I wanna be a COWBOY BAYBEEEEE", which is pretty much just as bad as it sounds. I don't know why I know that...maybe from hanging out with some of my redneck friends?

He's a far more talented musician than you would think. Music is like beer, there's a time and a place for all of it.

Everything I've ever heard him do was just awful. Not like "oh, that's not my kinda thing" bad, but just plain terrible...like, ripping off everyone, yelling into the mic, trying to appeal to white trash teenagers who don't know any better. Hell, maybe he's done some stuff to show how talented a musician he supposedly is, and I just haven't heard it, but from what I have heard, he needs to be put down like a wounded mule.

Meh, he puts on a mean concert. Saw Rock and Roll Revival tour at Joe Louis Arena and it was pretty damn cool.

I'm just glad MBC got the contract to brew the beer. Even though it's micro-swill, it's still a micro brewery in Michigan.

I've only know one person who has tried it so far, at the concert where it premiered. But he's not a beer person like we are, more of just a bmc drinker, and he said it was drinkable, on par with any typical commercial (read BMC) lager.

I haven't listened to Kid Rock since his debut album, but I liked it then for a time and a place.

I think his music was pretty good and had a different edge to it. I have heard that he is a good guy behind the facade of the white trash raging drunk in a wife beater. Gotta make mountains of easy money somehow???

Thanks for putting it into it's proper perspective Evan...:p. I will admit that I like a song or two of his, good workout music. I probably would not pay money to see him but people do and ya gotta give the man props for giving back to MI., choosing a local brewery, and helping out people. I would love to taste it and see what it is all about. I do likes me the occasional lawnmower brew

medium_RockBeer.jpg

Any try this yet?

Yeah. I did a few pages back!:p

It was good. It was $2.50 for 24oz at the bar 5 blocks from my house. I'll get it again. If you are going to drink a BMC product (I know we craft beer types aren't suppose too...) or something similar, may as well get one of these. Smoother flavor I thought.

I got it because of the price, it's made in Michigan, and while I don't like all of Kid Rock's music I think he is, well, a badass!

Also a note on his music. He started out with something much more original (still not for everyone's tastes) than some of his radio **** today. And that's just it. The radio plays those stupid, sampled, catchy, rubric based songs. Having said that I'm not sure if he ran out of ideas, but his stuff lately is really not that great. The musical prowess that people are mentioning is based on the amount of music he has written with artists or has performed with different artists.

And I'll second what Revvy has to say about his relationship to Detroit/Michigan. Can't beat his continuing support and solidarity with a bat.

I'll drink to that.

I will agree with most that his music is pretty sh!tty, having said that, I took the opprtunity to see KISS and Aerosmith a few years ago in PHX and Kid Rock opened for them. Strange opening act for two rock legends, however, he managed to be on the ticket.

Maybe he was supporting Michigan by way of KISS, at any rate there was some nice eye candy on stage pole dancing while he played his set which made it bearable.

Hell, maybe he's done some stuff to show how talented a musician he supposedly is, and I just haven't heard it

Check it out: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcS_oT4oTtE]YouTube - Kid Rock - Picture( offical video)[/ame]

Back