$3 wired digital thermometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
I am a newbie who found this site and have been reading all over the net everything about home brewing and during my research I came across a $3 wired digital thermometer made by GE.

I am sure there are lots of uses for it such as putting it inside a cooler to cool down a fermenter, keeping inside kegging systems, etc. For $3 you can go wrong ;)

Here you go - Wired Digital Thermometer - Hot Deals - Jasco Products Company

I've picked up 6 for $25 including shipping ;)

And let us know the results. If they are accurate I would probably buy a few myself. I just bought three of these today:

Weber Digital Thermometer
p1467125p275w.jpg

I had a gift card that I had to use so I went ahead and bought three of these. I figure 2 for brewing, and one for the smoker.

Those are indoor/outdoor thermometers. Not probe thermometers for cooking. You're supposed to hang the probe out the window so you can see what the temp inside is. Might be good for a fermentation chamber thermometer or something.

Those are indoor/outdoor thermometers. Not probe thermometers for cooking. You're supposed to hang the probe out the window so you can see what the temp inside is. Might be good for a fermentation chamber thermometer or something.

i never said they were for cooking. i plan to use it in a "fermentation chamber" i will make after my first batch is done

when i put down 2 the shipping was $9, then i tried with 4 and it was 6$ and quantity of 6 was like 7.33$. i selected ship to business instead of residence since this was $2-3 cheaper and i shipped it to my job ;)

ORDER DETAILS UNIT PRICE TOTAL
======================================================================
QTY 6
SKU 50448
PRODUCT Wired Digital Thermometer
PRICE $3.00 $18.00

Subtotal: $18.00
Shipping Charges: $7.33
=====================
Total: $25.33

I selected ship to business instead of residence since this was $2-3 cheaper and i shipped it to my job.
Thanks! That was the trick. I run a business from my house, so I used the same address, just checked the business box.

Hope that counts ;)

no way for them not to know if its not a business, i ship to work because its easier ;)
Got mine yesterday. No problem with using the business shipping price to ship to my house. They max out at 158 degrees, so using them for a mash thermometer is out, but for a kegerator or taping the probe to the side of a carboy they are great. Accurate enough too. All were less than a degree from my Traceable. Thanks for posting this.

i got them yesterday also, whats weird was that they shipped them in 2 packages (4 in 1 and 2 in the other) when all 6 of them could've fit into 1 package.

they look pretty good and i will definately put them to good use with beer and other stuff.

Back