Soundtrack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OdinOneEye

Reaction score
This is not so much about the mead itself, but do any of you have a particular soundtrack, list of songs you put on when you're mixing your Ymir's Blood? Anything you put on to get a good rhythm going? :ban: :rockin:

Don't know about mead but my brewmaster assures me that Black Sabbath must be played during brewing, I made the mistake of playing Billy Joel once and he didn't speak to me for a week!

Alx Rains said:
Don't know about mead but my brewmaster assures me that Black Sabbath must be played during brewing
Your 4 yr old has pretty heavy taste in Music for one so young! :D

First of all... Ymir's Blood?!?!! Hooray! I feel welcome in the forum already. :)

I haven't made quite a legitimate mead (more of a honey liquor, I didn't do any fermentation), but as I was boiling up my honey and spices and uncapping the wodka, I was humming, alternately, Songs From the Wood (Jethro Tull), for some reason, and old Yiddish songs, because my grandmother was Lithuanian and I was following a Lithuanian recipe.

(I think it may be called Virytas, or Vitykas, or Krupnikas- can anyone give me some guidance on what it actually might be?)

Also, at what point in my brewing life can I wear a cool apron without feeling like a tool or an impostor?

P funky said:
Also, at what point in my brewing life can I wear a cool apron without feeling like a tool or an impostor?

Day 1, man. They are incredibly useful (pockets, places to hang towels, protects clothing).

Here's my apron:
1917-IMG_3758.jpg

Nice, very nice. I saw one somewhere that was something along the lines of "Don't F*&k With the Cook" - something about it tickled me, especially if I replace "Cook" with "Brewer".

Excellent, excellent. Er... what's a "California Common?" (As I say... way, way noob).

Also, I recommend picking up the game "Guitar Hero" for PS2. Rocking out on a kid-sized plastic electric-guitar-simulator for a 3-5 minutes is just what you need while you listen to your precious brew trickle into a carboy, and try to forget how badly you need to pee.

P funky said:
Excellent, excellent. Er... what's a "California Common?" (As I say... way, way noob).

Also, I recommend picking up the game "Guitar Hero" for PS2. Rocking out on a kid-sized plastic electric-guitar-simulator for a 3-5 minutes is just what you need while you listen to your precious brew trickle into a carboy, and try to forget how badly you need to pee.

The California Common is an Anchor Steam Clone
My multi-tasking got me putting a motherboard in an old HP that I use in my lab. Ramping up to a P3 in the basement :rockin:

PS2? is that a video game?

PS2 = Play Station 2 (not PS2 like what old mice/keyboards connected with). Guitar Hero is a great game, with great songs available, and from what I hear is fun even if you already know how to play gee-tar.

Now, my turn to learn some more: P3? What's that?

Back