where to buy cider recipe kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, no cider. Brew Edwort's Apfelwine. I've been thinking about it day and night since I read about it. Just waiting for the season.

Dude, no cider. Brew Edwort's Apfelwine. I've been thinking about it day and night since I read about it. Just waiting for the season.

Man cider still has it's place, and when you get bored of AW and crave something with more substance, cider is a great offshoot to have on hand at all times, aging of course. Especially for winter

You would be much happier doing your own cider from scratch than a kit.
Is there a natural food store anywhere in your area? Like a natural pantry? You know a green peace store with natural no preservetives stuff in it? If you do then just simply buy six gallons of apple juice fresh squeezed and go get yourself 6-10 pounds of natural honey reccomend clover or orange blossom, or my favorite fireweed honey. 6 campdom tablets, pectic enzyme drops at your local brew store. 4 packets 0f Lalvin EC118 yeast. A small bag of potasium sorbate and one of potasium metabisulfate. One packet of inningsglass. Combine the honey and apple juice together then add the cambdom tablets... wait 24 hours stir mixture well again to get it oxygenated and add the 4 packets yeast. Wait one month rack into secondary fermenter then wait 2 weeks rack again and wait 2 more weeks then rack into open container add 2 tsb potasium sorbate and 2 tsb potasium metabisulfate and the inningsglass. Also add as much honey back into the mixture to sweeten it up to your taste preferences. then rack into glass secondary wait 2 weeks and bottle another month waiting in the bottle and you will have some kick but honey cider that you can brag that you made yourself from scratch. Not an easy brain free kit. Trust me you will have more pride in it too.

Buddy -

I'm really not very handy in the kitchen.

Does "2 tsb" mean '2 tablespoons'

Thanks in advance.

Pogo

Back