Where do you guys get your graphics from?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony_Lopez

Reaction score
With some of my labels I'm happying using pictures, etc, however for my Kolsch I want to gave a more traditional beer label. Where do you guys find your older style looking banners, scrolls, etc? Links would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!!

no love? I just want some ideas... I'm not looking to steal your creativity, etc. I was hoping there might be websites where you can buy a blank graphic and fill in your designs, etc.

Ya i have looked at that before... I'm doing most of my work with photoshop CS2. I was hoping someone might know of a place with a bunch of graphics to choose from, even if I have to pay. Someone recently posted a link to a site that you can do that with, but I can't find the darn link.

Thanks for the response nonetheless :mug:

Bobby_M said:
I lift stuff from all over using images.google.com

Since I'm not using the images commercially, I don't feel any remorse.

I do the same thing..and usually I alter the photo anyway....I crop it, or change it's colors, or reverse it, all depending on what I'm looking for.

I heist Google images too. If you have an idea...like "St. Patty's Day" and Google that, then click the images deal at the top of the page, you'll end up with 10,000 images and NO you don't need to pay for them if you don't use them commercially.

I too am interested in finding the cool little banners, ribbons, and stuff that makes some of you guy's labels SO freeken cool.

I steal from the intergoogle too. It's so easy, and we're not selling our beer so I see no harm in it.

I found some scroll and banner creaters in a CS2 plug-in. I'll post what I figure out tonight... I'm happy to help if you guys need CS2 altering... I have taken a few classes in it as electives in college, and have been messing with my friends for years with it...

I usually modify pix from a google search too, but I went looking just now and found a site with lots of free (for non-commercial use) clip art.

http://www.clipartheaven.com/

Under Backgrounds, click the subhead for Banners and you'll get some nice blank ribbon types of images to choose from.

I have been using google images, sometimes altering them a bit to ease my guilt- although I suppose non-commercial so I don't feel bad... But I have mucked around with microsoft paint and microsoft word- super low grade graphics desigining but with a little time, it gets the job done... I recently got photoshop elements, and it has much more flexibility (though much more expensive). So with a little exploring creativity, microsoft paint is something to play with if you've got some images to throw in... thats the cheapest way I've found to make stuff

I use photoshop CS2, which is great... elements is a great program as well, and gives you most of the stuff you need to get labels made... Glad to hear people are pirating Google images as well...

Search for something google images then tear it apart in Photoshop. The more you mess with something the better it gets!

(seems the more you drink your brews the better the label work gets too)

I use Illustrator, but for Photoshop you can download scrolls, filigrees, banners, etc by googling for dingbats. You would get a more customized look that way.

I never would have thought to search "Dingbats" in google... must be a lingo i'm not familiar with...

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back