How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So the gallon count isn't particularly exciting, but the post count is over 1000. I guess that means we're really close to 1000 batches. Someone with more time than me can go through the posts and figure out how many are not additions (like this one) to the total and figure out how many batches we need to reach 1000 :)

4577.8 + 5 = 4582.8 whooooohoooooooo going to make another batch next week. still have 3 more packets of yeast. whooooohooooo apfelwein!

shafferpilot said:
So the gallon count isn't particularly exciting, but the post count is over 1000. I guess that means we're really close to 1000 batches. Someone with more time than me can go through the posts and figure out how many are not additions (like this one) to the total and figure out how many batches we need to reach 1000 :)

214 non counting posts, by my tally.
1010-214=796 batches. Of course, some of those were 20 gallons, and some were only 1.

Judd said:
214 non counting posts, by my tally.
1010-214=796 batches. Of course, some of those were 20 gallons, and some were only 1.

and some people (like me) brewed 4 different 5 gallon batches and just posted that they made 20 gallons.

+5
=

While I am here, question:
Has anyone had any weird unkown off tastes using juice? This is far from my first batch, and since the first one it has been delicious. I do it by Ed Wort's recipe every time. I bought extra juice while at the store this batch and opened a bottle about 2 weeks after I airlocked the apfelwein. This bottle has this horribly plastic taste to it. It is not drinkable. It is not sour or spoiled tasting, just overwhelmingly tainted(of course I found this out while very thirsty and chugged about 32oz before letting my taste buds stop me). Wondering if there is any other experiences with this. The batch is 3 weeks old, so I have to wait to see if any of the other juice was like this....later

Eb

Back