2012 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are playoffs. It looks like the top 3 teams from each division go to the playoffs.

As far as I know there is no prize for winning.

As for not moving up, well there are 9 weeks left including this one. There is time!

Dave

Hey everyone. I have not had time to keep up with some of the league management aspects, such as the weekly trophies. I'm blocked at work from both ESPN and HBT, so I can only access through my mobile phone. Add to it a young child at home and that makes for little to no time to access and run things. I'm keeping up with my team though, and it seems like we have some good races toward the playoffs. Good luck everyone.

If I don't get more access/time by the end of winter, I'm going to look to have someone else run the league if anyone would be interested. Othon was interested last year, but he hasn't had much time to be involved, same as me.

Hope y'all are enjoying the league.

I know that I am a new guy, but I would be willing to help in any way short of running the league entirely.

And now for something entirely different...

Who wants a top notch closer and/or second baseman?

I am interested in trading Joel Hanrahan and/or Aaron Hill for starting pitching.

BosSave,

I accepted your trade this morning but I don't see any record of it. My app said "trade accepted" but the proposed trade notice would not disappear. Let me know if you got notice that I accepted it. If not, propose it again and I'll try again.

I think that there is a two day review period before any accepted trade gets finalized. This gives other teams an opportunity to contest if they feel it's an unfair trade.

There is a two day review period, however this one got lost in the interwebs...

I will resend what I think it was Guidry, I sent out a lot so if I send the wrong one just decline and counter with the right one.

Dave

Hey everyone. I have not had time to keep up with some of the league management aspects, such as the weekly trophies. I'm blocked at work from both ESPN and HBT, so I can only access through my mobile phone. Add to it a young child at home and that makes for little to no time to access and run things. I'm keeping up with my team though, and it seems like we have some good races toward the playoffs. Good luck everyone.

If I don't get more access/time by the end of winter, I'm going to look to have someone else run the league if anyone would be interested. Othon was interested last year, but he hasn't had much time to be involved, same as me.

Hope y'all are enjoying the league.

Johnny,

I didn't want to step on your toes as Assistant LM...I figured you would delegate tasks to me. I will take a look at the League manager settings and try and get all the weekly trophies caught up by the end of this week.

MMTG said:
All done. All trophies are current. Good luck as the playoffs approach

No worries, Othon. Thanks for your help with the trophies. Hope all is well with you. Hopefully we''ll both have more time next season.

Thanks, JohnnyO, the PEI Yankees had an up and down season, and just had everything go right at the right time. Now if the New York Yankees just have the same finish, this will be a perfect baseball year.

I am already looking forward to next years fantasy baseball, presuming others wish to play again.

I will definitely be playing again next year! It was a blast!

I kind of dropped off in terms of time spent at the end of the year, as I was getting married (actually this past weekend). Won't have those same issues next year!

Dave

I will definitely be playing again next year! It was a blast!

I kind of dropped off in terms of time spent at the end of the year, as I was getting married (actually this past weekend). Won't have those same issues next year!

Dave

Congratulations on the marriage! Enjoy the ride.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to contribute more next year to the league as well as on the HBT thread. In past years, we had some good smacktalk and sidebets go on. It adds to the season.

Feedback on the league? Scoring issues from this past season? If anyone has thoughts, post them up. We can adjust league settings if there is some consensus of issues. I'll be doing a check in sometime in February around teh time that pitchers and catchers report to see if we have anyone who doesn't want to play again and open it up to new members.

To my understanding, we didn't have anyone complete;y neglect their team this year.

Thanks guys for letting me join in this season. It was my first time doing a fantasy team, so I fumbled my way through and am quite happy with my results. I think I did a more respectable job than Bobby V and my Red Sox!

I wasn't able to dedicate too much time to it, but just enough I think, so if it's ok with you guys I'd love to stick around next season.

Al
Malone's Mustangs

It is winter and I am depressed. Can't wait for the new season to start.

In true Bosdave fashion...anyone want to make a trade for keepers?

Dave

It is winter and I am depressed. Can't wait for the new season to start.

In true Bosdave fashion...anyone want to make a trade for keepers?

Dave

Hear that, Dave!

Pitchers and catchers report in a month though. What do you want for Trout?

Literally the only untouchable for me...right now.

I can't part with him before draft due to number of keeper restrictions.

ESPN site is blocked for me at work, so I can't check right now for exact links. However, you log onto the league page. Go to your team. There should be a link along the top saying 'Keepers' or 'Select Keepers'. It should bring you to a page with the players on your team with a series of check boxes. Check the boxes next to the players you want to keep on your roster for the coming season. You can select up to 7 players.

The players you select will remain on your roster for the start of the season. On Draft Day, you will not draft until as many rounds as you have keepers. So, if you select 7 keepers, you won't select your first draft until the 8th round. I wouldn't worry too much about that, though, as most people here select at least 4 keepers. I typically select all 7.

Here are some offers I will throw out there.

Justin Upton for an 8th round pick
Ian Kinsler for an 8th round pick
Adrian Beltre for 8th round pick
CJ Wilson for an 11th round pick

Note that all of these players are available in a trade for keepers too.

Darwin, you will need to check with JohnnyO but we did have a non-participating player last year who's team may need to be taken over.

PM me with who you may be referring to. I don't know if we have any leaderless teams this year. Typically we don't determine this until later in February.

If we do have an opening, Darwin, I'll be in touch.

I'll be doing a check in sometime in February around teh time that pitchers and catchers report to see if we have anyone who doesn't want to play again and open it up to new members.

Hi John - could you please add my name to the waiting list? In the meantime I'll try and figure out what I wanna name my team.

Hi, everyone else - I'm a newcomer to the site, John directed me here when I expressed interest in the league. I've never done fantasy sports, though I have seen the documentary 'Silly Little Game' about how Dan Okrent invented Rotisserie League. I grew up an Astros fan when they were still in the Dome, and then I emigrated to Red Sox Nation on July 19th of last year.

Anyway, I hope this works out. Thanks.

Hey Everyone. Now that we've passed the Super Bowl, it's only a week until Pitchers and Catchers report to Spring Training.

It's time for baseball!!! For me, this is the most exciting time of the year. So much potential (yes, even for a Mets fan).

I'll be starting up a new thread in the coming weeks for our new season. The ESPN FBB league site is currently down for maintenance (has been for the last week or so). Once it's back up, I'll be emailing all managers to see if we have any dropouts/teams to fill.

In the meantime, I've set up a Doodle poll to get an idea on when to have our draft. I set up two potential dates/times. Here is the link:
http://www.doodle.com/gb7ysp4x73hd86hg
Can you please go there and vote on a date/time for the draft? If the specific time doesn't work, we can move that around.

Also, any thoughts on changes to the league this year? Scoring changes? League rules?
One thing I'd like to propose is cutting al waiver claims at the end of the season. I think it's more exciting to have these players available at the draft, rather than have players pick them up in the offseason and add them to their keepers pool. Thoughts?

I wasn't able to keep up with the managing last year as I had in year's past. I think this year will be better as I have a pretty decent grip on the "balancing parenting with life" thing.

In any event, I'm excited for a new season to unfold.

Voted.

I am a big supporter of closing the waiver wire after the season, until after the draft.

Otherwise I liked the scoring set up.

I suppose my only gripe were the divisions. I guess I don't see the point of having them.

Dave

P.S. Going to repost the following offers:

Ian Kinsler for an 8th round pick
Adrian Beltre for a 9th round pick
CJ Wilson for an 11th round pick

Thanks for posting/voting, Dave.

What don't you like about the divisions?
And what's with your post count of 3? Did it get reset? You posted more than three times in here even.
Weird.

No idea why it is at 3. Oh well.

I just don't understand the purpose of divisions.

Dave

I voted for the 24th, although the 31st works for me as well. Looking forward to the spring training and to being a Dodgers season ticket holder again! If you need help again this year Johnny, I'm available to asst. GM

Here's a pic of Dodger President/CEO and man behind the Dodgers rebirth in Los Angeles. Guggenheim(Dodgers ownership group) is spending $100 million renovating Dodger stadium this winter. They added cell towers and WiFi infrastructure while expanding concourses and completely redoing the home and visitors clubhouse. The photos show all the field level seating are as it was removed, dug out and will become clubhouses, weight rooms, training facilities with indoor batting cages. Cant wait to watch the new 4K video screens that will replace the former Dodger vision.

1019.jpg

1011.jpg

1018.jpg

I can only wildly imagine how excited you must be to watch Dodger baseball this year, O. Crazy transformation.

Thanks for the offer to assist. I'll let you know if I fall into any periods where I'm struggling.

Any ideas of changes?

I'd just like to say that I was really glad I could participate last year, and I think i got a bit of an idea of how it all works. As a newbie I wouldn't dare request any changes. And as for the draft, due to the time difference I probably won't be there, so I will abstain from voting as it makes no difference to me- obviously if I can aid it I will.

I'm looking forward to the redsox hopefully dragging themselves up at least into respectability under the new management...

Is it weird that get really emotional seeing Dodger Stadium dug up like that? I practically grew up in that stadium. I'd be sad if they changed the seats, or even made the stadium easier to get out of in the 7th inning (as is traditional for Dodgers fans).

I can definitely relate. I was pretty torn up the off season they demolished Shea Stadium. Spent my entire life there. Have memories from early childhood sitting in those stands. Was lucky enough to go to the final game there with my father. We were both teary during the closing ceremonies. Like me, he had memories of going there with his father.

We have a couple votes so far for having the draft on Sunday, 3/24 at 9pm EST. We'll let the poll go for a while before setting the actual date, but I'd definitely be cool with the 24th.

How do people feel about how the playoffs currently operate? We currently have 6 teams making it into the playoffs. Is that good as is, or does it drag the playoffs on too long? Should we cut it down to 4 teams making the playoffs? I'm fine keeping it as is, but figured it was worth a talk.

Also, I hope we can make this league/thread more active this season. Last year, there wasn't as much interchange as in year's prior. I know I was distracted all year, and hope I can be more involved this year. Anything we can do to keep activity up?

Back