American pale ale recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldwaterbrew

Reaction score
I just brewed a pale ale, I added halepeno to it but otherwise followed the recipe. I am supposed to add .5 oz cascade hops to carboy tomorrow. Do I need to add them and what is the purpose of this last stage of hops.

The dryhop will increase the aroma of your final brew. Aroma fades fairly quickly, so dryhopping with hops in the carboy about 7-10 days before bottling is one of the better ways to make sure you have a good strong aroma on your fresh beer.

Be careful with peppers, they are very easy to overdo. I used 2 chipotle peppers in a half batch of stout and regretted it. I've had it aging for over a year now waiting for the hotness to fade. I'd imagine that in a lighter beer like a pale ale it would be even easier to overdo it. It can be good if it's done right. Ballast Point did a version of their Sculpin IPA that had Jalepeno in it and it was quite delicious.

Opened a bottle today beer tasted great prolly went a little light on the habenaro will have to try again to get the results I want

Back