Supplies in chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowlife

Reaction score
We are thinking of moving to Chicago soon. Where is the best place to buy bulk grains. Do I need to buy a ton here in Cincinnati before we move? I think base malts are about 41-45 after tax.

Not positive at this point. Maybe bucktown. Might be a suburb northwest though if that falls through.

U dont have to move anything from OH, u should get simillar price from brew and grow, check there site same prices in retail locations) and 4-5 times a year we have great group buy, im sure u will be able to join the spring one

Brew N Grow is a good choice, huge selection and good prices. I work in the burbs, but live just over the line in Wisconsin. Northern Brewer is only a 45 minute drive for me, with a great selection, as well.

Brew Camp has good prices, so I get all of my specialty malts from there. My bulk grains I get from a group buy organized by bmason. The next one will probably be around March or so, 2-row is somewhere around $30 after shipping and such. Just search for the chicago group buy and subscribe, he'll post in all of the recent ones to notify people.

Brew and Grow's prices seem to be competetive, imo. Especially when you realize you aren't paying for shipping. They usually have large sacks of base malt also that get you in well under a $1/pound. Pretty helpful knowledgeable guys as well.

Back