16th Annual Holiday Bash!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewtopia

"Greenwood Aged Beer"
Reaction score
Holiday Bash 2007 web.jpeg

You are all invited to come out to Seattle for my 16th Annual Holiday Bash. There will be at least 8 homebrews on tap and a wide variety of vintage, rare and limited release commercial beers.

Beers currently scheduled to be pouring are: White Heat Belgian Wit, Winter City Bock Bier (Bernie Brewer's Red Baron Bock recipe), Earl of Snohomish Barley Wine, Yankee Drifter Golden Ale, "RYE"ley's Rye IPA, Blackberry Sage Porter, Brigadoon Strong Scotch Ale and Grapes of Wrath Barrel Aged Special Ale.

It will be held on December 8th from 3:00PM til we run out of beer. Last year we went through 35 gallons of homebrew and opened about 60 bottles of specialty commercial beers. PM me for the address info.

I believe dblvsn is planning on making the trip out and I hope that McKBrew will be able to make it over from the peninsula. Hopefully this can also serve at a meeting point for other NW HBT'ers.

You are welcome/encouraged to bring some of your homebrew or local commercial beers as well.

Hope to see you here!

Man that's a lot of beer to kick at one party!

So how does that work, anyway? 200 people each get 2.46 sq. ft. of area to drink a case of beer in for the night? ;)

Originally posted by ohiobrewtus
Man that's a lot of beer to kick at one party!

So how does that work, anyway? 200 people each get 2.46 sq. ft. of area to drink a case of beer in for the night?

Ha! We usually hold the party in the Rec room off the lobby of our condo. This year it will be at my brew partners house. He has a big backyard, garage and full basement. I'll haul my bar and kegerator over there and we'll have 8 taps available. (I may borrow a jockey box from Stix or Lazy Boy so that we can properly pour any guest beers).

That sounds like fun! If my wife's up for some beer on her bday (and she does like good beer), maybe we can swing by.

Austin

Here's a list of just a few of the bottled beers that I currently have on hand and will make available for tasting at the event.

Russian River - Tempation & Sanctification
Hair of the Dog Fred from the Wood - Batch #64 & 2007
Drie Fontainen - Schaerbeekse Kriek 2005
New Glarus - Raspberry Tart
Brasserie d' Ecaussines - La Penneffoise
Palmer Lake - Batch #1 Tripel
Oregon Trail - Bourbon Barrel Porter
Brooklyn Brewery - Local 1
Goose Island - Matilda
Malheur - Brut Reserve Michael Jackson Commemoritive Edition 2006
Hair of the Dog - 2001 Doggy Claws
Anchor - Our Christmas Ale 2001
Fish - 2001 Leviathan Barleywine
Roots - Epic Ale 2005 & 2006
New Belgium - La Folie 2005
Jolly Pumpkin - La Roja (Aged 20 months in the wood)
Allagash - Curieux, Musette & Interlude
Brewmaster's Collection - Signature Ale by Tomme Arthur (Port Brewing) & Dirk Naudts (De Proef Brouwerij)
Unibroue - 1996 Quelque Chose
Lost Abbey - Devotion
Cantillon - 2003 Lou Pepe Gueuze

Hey Don, Jake from Headsprout here.
Man, I wish I could make this, Janet even sent me an evite. I'm not coming back up to Seattle until January though. I seem to miss this every year. :(

Hey Jake, Welcome to HBT! Sorry you aren't able to make it to the party. You need to plan better.:D

Next time you're up here, we'll grab a beer.:mug:

Well, I'm planning on moving to Portland some time next year (it was supposed to be April, but it's looking like it will be closer to August), so I'll be up at least once a month after that. Hopefully I'll be able to find a few Naked City beers on tap around town by then. ;)

Dang, I'm flying up to Seattle tomorrow morning for a couple of days. 1 day in Redmond and Thursday night at the airport for a early flight home on Friday.

So close....

EdWort said:
Dang, I'm flying up to Seattle tomorrow morning for a couple of days. 1 day in Redmond and Thursday night at the airport for a early flight home on Friday.

So close....

I'd route for bad weather, but that'd only F' up my trip there. ;D

Bummer Ed! Can't stretch it out another couple of days?

Are you going to have any free time while you're here Wednesday and Thursday? I'd love to grab a beer.

Brewtopia said:
Bummer Ed! Can't stretch it out another couple of days?

Are you going to have any free time while you're here Wednesday and Thursday? I'd love to grab a beer.

I'd love to, but I have to get back to Austin for another party with SWMBO on Friday & Sunday. The other problem is that I have gone on record to attend only Christmas parties this month, no winter celebrations or holiday parties for me. :D

Tomorrow night is open. I'll PM you some details.

Originally posted by EdWort
The other problem is that I have gone on record to attend only Christmas parties this month

*Attention everyone, The 16th Annual Holiday Bash going forth will now be referred to as The 1st Annual Christmas Party. ...That is all*

Man Brewtopia, that sounds like an awesome time! Too bad I'm 1300 miles away, or I'd be there!:cross:

Brewtopia said:
*Attention everyone, The 16th Annual Holiday Bash going forth will now be referred to as The 1st Annual Christmas Party. ...That is all*

ROFLMAO! I guess I'll have to swing up there tomorrow to do a quality control test of the products for the 1st Annual Christmas Party! :mug:

Need an address for my Nuvi 200

Well, I'm coming up to Seattle now, only it will be a month late. :\

I'll be up from January 6th-12th, so save some samples for me if you can! I'm also going to try and bring up a few bottles of my first batch. It's just a Brewer's Best IPA with some Columbus hops added for aroma. :)

To bad I already have a party of my own planned for this weekend. Well that and the weather created 450 mile detour since I-5 is under water.

OK, now this is the third time I have had to face the fact that I will not be able to attend what will be the event of the season. Grumble, grumble, grumble. Sounds like a great time and it would be great to see you and Ms. Brewtopia, as well as Jeep and his better. And all that beer. Jeez. I am getting the Evlis Christmas blues now. I think I will have to wash my sorrows away with some holiday something or another. Have fun.

Well, I have to say folks, those of you who are heading out to Naked City's 1st Annual Christmas Party are in for some very fine beer. Timing worked out for me to head up there for some quality control testing with Brewtopia & his brew bud Donald.

They have a chest freezer loaded with kegs, each with nectar of the gods, and I can certify that they will meet the highest standards of any party goer.

Brewtopia.JPG

I just wish timing would have allowed me to stay for the party, but it was fun sitting in the garage at 37 degree weather drinking a few winter warmers. :cross:

Thanks for the great brews and evening of talking beer. I'll report back on the Smoked Porter BBQ Sauce when I put it on some ribs back home.

Ya'll have a Merry Christmas!!!!!

Thanks Ed! It was great meeting with you as well.

olllllo, we'll see you tomorrow. Have a safe trip!

Again, to all Seattle area HBT'ers, head on over for some beer. We start early and go late. PM me if you'd like to come by and I'll get you the address.

I'm awake. Will be heading out to the bash sometime between noon and 1PM.

Got the computer set up behind the bar. Maybe when olllllo gets here he can get the web cam working.

Brewtopia said:
Got the computer set up behind the bar. Maybe when olllllo gets here he can get the web cam working.

Sweet! My beer & 8 month old Apfelwein went over well last night at the charity event we went to. 5 gallons of Haus Ale floated in 2 hours and the Apfelwein an hour later. There were some folks feeling good last night. :D

Have fun guys!

Thanks Don, Janet, Donald and Michelle for a great time and great beer. A big thank you as well to Donald and Michelle for opening up their home to all of us and providing a place to stay for those of us who had a bit to drink.

I'll post some pics later as well.

I want to thank olllllo & Mrs. olllllo, dblvsn and McKBrew for coming out. It was a great time! I look forward to seeing the pictures. I forgot to take any myself.

We ended up kicking 6 kegs and we had 5 kegs with less than a pint or 2 left in them! Not sure how many bottles we ended up opening yet. :tank:

Again, thanks guys for taking the time to travel all the way out here for the party. it meant a lot.

Cheers! :mug:

Brewtopia Contemplates a 5 year old keg of Jolly Roger from Pacific Maritime Brewing.

SnowandBeer032.jpg

olllllo and Andre (originally from Belgium) discuss the characteristics of a good Belgian.

SnowandBeer042.jpg

Party Goers in the garage (home of a ton of good bottled beer)

SnowandBeer036.jpg

Don listens as Rob (Steven King look-alike?) discusses alternate worlds and how he was pulled back from the edge by Janet.
SnowandBeer044.jpg

Brewtopia opens a 2002 bottle of Leviathan Barleywine.

SnowandBeer040.jpg

olllllo gives rates his current beer using a basic rating system

SnowandBeer045.jpg

Back