Lawnmower 2007

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutilated1

Beer Drenched Executioner
Reaction score
Here it is. This was my first homebrew.

11024-022_03A.JPG

11024-023_02A.JPG

Guess I got a little too close with this one, was trying to show you how pretty it was. Tastes good too.

11024-024_01A.JPG

Thanks it, seemed like a good place to take a picture considering the type of beer I was trying to make.

Just wait'll you see the pictures I have planned for my "Trailer Park Blonde" - ha ha ha

Mutilated1 said:
Thanks it, seemed like a good place to take a picture considering the type of beer I was trying to make.

Just wait'll you see the pictures I have planned for my "Trailer Park Blonde" - ha ha ha
:rockin: :D

you need to check out St. Arnold's Fancy Lawnmower from Houston.

If you call the brewery and talk to them real sweet, they can send you a sticker to put on your lawnmower

I was cleaning out the fridge today and I found a litre swingtop of this beer that was leftover from back in July - man it was off the hook good. The extra time really did that beer right, it got really crisp compared to when I was drinking it a few months ago.

wortmonger said:
Do you have a recipe for that Lawnmower beer?

Not really much to the recipe. I bought a Munton's Premium Lager can-kit, and boiled it with 1 # of Munton's Hopped Light Dry Malt Extract, and 2 #s of Rice Syrup Solids. Did my best to keep the temps close to 65 for 10 days, then racked it to a secondary for 14 days. Two weeks later it was very drinkable, but didn't really taste like a Lager until 2 months later and then it was almost gone. Next time I'll make 2 batches.

I'm going to try it again in a couple weeks when the temperatures on my porch are a little close to authentic lager temperatures, and I'm going to try to let it sit in the secondary for even longer since I've got other beer to drink.

I see, so basic lager. Looks wonderful. I can't wait to start doing lagers. With hops like they are, it seems logical now that I have the setup.

Well didn't taste clean and crisp like a lager until much later, it still tasted good and drinkable, but more like an ale until 2-3 months later.

Back