Help with sight glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kgar2121

Reaction score
i am in the process of moving over to AG....sorry, hi! im pretty sure this is my first post, but hopefully not my last, i love the forums, and there is soooo much information here.....anyway, ive put together a 3 tier system, and am using 2 turkey fryers ('cause i got a GREAT deal on 2), one for the the hlt, and one for the brew pot. ive also got my mlt done....i guess i should get on with the question...

how would you suggest measuring water going to mlt, and then again for sparging. i dont know if its possible to add a sight glass on the exterior, due to being exposed to an open flame from the fryer. like i said, im still new, but am learning quickly.....any suggestions?

you can but just graduate a pot, you have spent enough. Cheers and welcome to the forum

for a 3 tier system you should probably go with a sight glass on the HLT. No reason to climb a ladder to dip in a measuring stick. You should be fine with the regular sight glasses, brass or stainless fittings and polycarbonate tube. Pyrex tube would be more heat resistant but more breakable as well.

Resurrecting an old thread, but didn't really want to make a new one. I may have installed the eyebolt to hold my sight glass a little bit too low. Wondering if I mash in it, will water leak out of the hold where the eyebolt is attached? If so, any ideas how to prevent leakage?

I stopped in to homebrew shop they had ones for kwgs...figured since it was an oring that goes inside of the keg that it should be good.

Back