kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PoorBoyBrew

Reaction score
Hey guys im building my first kegerator. Thinkin bout puttin 2 taps on it. I have room inside for 6 cornies and my co2 tho. Can i carb kegs and store them until a tap is freed up. Not real sure how long the beer will keep. Any suggestions. Keep in mind i havnt kegged yet and truly appreciate any guidance given. Thanks

Can u give me a run-down on how long the beer will keep. And could i possibly lager a batch in the kegerator that i have beer on tap?

Can u give me a run-down on how long the beer will keep. And could i possibly lager a batch in the kegerator that i have beer on tap?

The beer will keep for as long as you have it on co2!!

Hoppy beers and lighter beers like Pilsners might start to lose their goodness after 6 months or so...but good luck on keeping a keg in the kegerator that long!!

As long as your system is leak free and you purge all the oxygen from your kegs your beers will keep virtually indefinitely.

Back