New kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speedyG

It's beer30!!!
Reaction score
I bought this bad boy for $80 off of Craigslist. It is from the 50's. the guy pulled it out of a barn and refinished it. He used for nine years And iit wasn't getting cold any longer. The tap, Co2 bottle and tap is worth what I paid. I dropped the fridge off at repair shop.
image-2079727659.jpg

Thanks. If anyone knows anything about fridigaires. Please educate me on year and models. Thanks.

I don't know about the model, but I do know that fridges from the 50's will be much more expensive to run. Looks cool though.

I don't know about the model, but I do know that fridges from the 50's will be much more expensive to run. Looks cool though.

Don't say that!!!! We use PG&E.....Pacific Graft and Extortion!!!

Who knows, Maybe I will fix it up and sell it:D

rkorn74 said:
I know your pain my friend, for I pay them too.

I thought the Benefit of deregulation was to allow competition. So far, prices have only gone up.

Might be cheaper in the long run to completly replace the cooling? Parts for the old system might be expensive, and if you can replace with more energy efficient unit? Might be worth talking over with the repair person.

Don't listen to the uninformed cost on these are usually no more then most new fridges. Here is a simple way to see what any device cost to run. Volts x Amps = Watts Watts x Hours (total run time I.E. mine runs 5min, every hour= 2hrs per day) x Days =Total Watts. Now divide that by 1000 will give you Kw. So my kezzer cost per year approx. 115volts x 5amps =575watts x 2 hours =1150 x 365 days per year = 419750 / 1000 = 419.75kw I Pay .08 cents per Kw. 419.75 x .08 = $33.58 per year or $2.80 a month. SORRY FOR THE LONG WINDED RANT JUST HATE IT WE IF IT'S OLDER IT'S NOT EFFICIENT!

I wouldnt mind paying $0.08/kWh... lol Ive been usually paying almost double that... $0.14/kWh

Well that blows I just got a call from the repair shop. The compressor is bad. Don't know what to do.

I talked to the repair guy and he said he could replace the parts for another 150. I paid him 90 already. I feel it is a good deal. I can't wait to get this bad boy cold and home.

Back