question about propane fittings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mumbly

Reaction score
I'm in the process of coming up with a plan for a propane manifold for my 3 tier brew stand. The propane tank is not going to be mounted on the stand (i have a 100lb tank) and i would rather not have to tape and tighten the hose from the tank to the manifold every time i want to make a batch, i was looking at Quick disconnects on McMaster. would something like item number 5602k12 be safe to use with propane? on the website it says its used for Air, but it has a working pressure of 300psi.

seeing as I'm no expert in either quick disconnects, or propane, i would rather not blow myself up with something that wont work.

They do make quick disconnects for propane / nat gas. They are almost identical to the air hose ones, but they have a locking mechanism on them. I don't know if home depot carries them, but I have seen them at my local hardware store.

at the local hardware store, would they be labeled as "safe to use with propane" or what? round here we have lowes, HD, Ace, and Menards.

Sorry I realized I made a critical error in my reply. I meant to say air quick disconnects aren't for flammable gases. Rv & maybe BBQ suppliers can tell you which ones are for them.

Latest posts

Back