Home made conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats pretty cool. i dont really know all the advantages to a conical tho. i see it owuld make yeast harvesting easier but how would it improve the beer? less contact with the trub?

grrtt78 said:
thats pretty cool. i dont really know all the advantages to a conical tho. i see it owuld make yeast harvesting easier but how would it improve the beer? less contact with the trub?

I like it 'cause I plan on building it in such a way that I dont hafta lift the flamin carboy, but can merely drain it to another carboy and harvest the yeast.

I have left beer on trub for almost a month and have seen no effects. It takes months for yeast to go into autolysis. By then my beer is bottled and perhaps consumed!
DWHAHB

yodar

how does a conical improve the beer itself? does it jsut make it easier or does it make better beer?

78 - It eliminates the need to rack to a bright tank because you can pull the trub out the bottom. Handy if you are doing 20 gallon batches.

Back