Looking for Home Brew Supplies in Upsate SC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PFZBeer

Reaction score
Live just north of Greenville, Spartanburg South Carolina and about 45 minutes south of Asheville, NC. Anyone know of any home brew supply stores in the area?

Thomas Creek is decent. IMO they tend to cater to those brewing all grain. Their extract supplies are pretty limited. Prices are pretty good. There are a couple of places in Asheville that may be worth checking out. Given the distance to either one though, online is a pretty good option.

Just drive to asheville and go to hops and vines, best hbs by far! Worth, the trip. I drive 45 minutes one way for them. Its on haywood road, off of patton ave. and on the internet.

alternative beverage in Belmont just this side of charlotte. Probably closer than asheville and they are the largest homebrew supplier on the east coast. ebrew.com I never go to asheville for supplies anymore. I can get a whole bag of 2-row for bout $45. No one in asheville will sell for less than $70(including hops and vines). Check em' out, great service too.

Live just north of Greenville, Spartanburg South Carolina and about 45 minutes south of Asheville, NC. Anyone know of any home brew supply stores in the area?

Hey Pez,
I am about 20 minutes from you. I live in Spartanburg. I have been to Thomas Creek. Not really worth my drive. I don't know anyplace around here. I have been to the shop in Asheville when I am there, but I wouldn't drive just for that.
For the money, it is best to order online. It cost less with shipping than it does for gas and time spent.

Where about Campabello are you? My Uncle lives in Campabello
I live in Spartanburg city, off Fermwood Rd. near Hickory Tavern, Bi-lo, about 3 minutes from Wal-Mart and Lowe's.

I'm actually in Asheville about once a month on business so that isn't a problem for me. Belmont is about the same but I rarely venture over there. However I'll check them out on-line and perhaps make an initial in person visit. I'm still new enough that I like to talk to someone at the store.

Thanks for both leads!:mug:

I'm actually in Asheville about once a month on business so that isn't a problem for me. Belmont is about the same distance but I rarely venture over there. However I'll check them out on-line and perhaps make an initial in person visit. I'm still new enough that I like to talk to someone at the store.

Thanks for both leads!:mug:

Hey Guys -

I wanted to let you know about a great homebrew supply store right in the Greenville area. Grape and Grains (www.grapeandgrains.com) is freaking fantastic. I've gone to Thomas Creek a few times and they haven't had the ingredients I was looking for and the hours can kind of be hit and miss. I've found some great two row grains and some really great DME.

I'd highly recommend these guys....they have some great hours, a tasting room, and they're not just limited to beer supplies, they also have wine making supplies, accessories, a huge wine selection, and they do wine making / beer making classes as well.

Thomas Creek is good, but in my opinion, these guys edge them out just a bit.

Thanks.

I'm with BrewDog13 - I am new to brewing and have become very frustrated trying to read as much as I can before I start brewing. I live in Greenville and went to Thomas Creek only to stand around for a very long time before even being acknowledged and then having someone "assist" me who knew less about brewing than me! I was just about to give up until a friend told me about Grape and Grains, a fairly new homebrew supply shop in Greenville. So I decide to give it a try and man I am glad I did. Not only did I speak with the owner, who has brewed for over 20 years, but he didn't make me feel stupid! He took time explaining what equipment I needed and what I didn't and invited me to sit in on a homebrewing 101 class that was getting ready to begin. I can't tell you how good it is to go to a local shop and feel welcomed and treated as a friend. I found my homebrew store and will begin brewing mid-July. I'll let you know how it goes!

I pretty much get all my stuff from Thomas Creek and I'm in the Cowpens/Spartanburg area. The drive doesn't bother me because if I make it there by noon, I can be home and brewing in an hour or two and I don't have to wait for shipping. I've made some great tasting beers with their ingredients too.

Also, if you have any questions about brewing, the girl that sells the homebrew supplies will go get one of the brewers for you to talk to. They've had pretty much everything I've ever needed as well. I had to get a different yeast once, but other then that I've had a great experience with them.

When I lived in Greenville I always used Thomas Creek. The best part was you could e-mail them your order, tell them when you will pick it up, and they will have it ready, milled and whatever else you need to pick up. You can be in and out in 5 minutes.

I primarily use Thomas Creek, and have always had great service there, however the personal 1 on 1 service at grapes and grain is tough to beat. These days I do business at both. I buy my bulk 2 row at TC (can't beat brewery prices on grain) and get a lot if my accessories and random items, specialty grain, etc, at grapes and grain.

My only complaint at GnG is that they haven't paid close attention to email orders in the past. While i appreciate great 1 on 1 service, it is frustrating when you order ahead and then have to wait for 10-15 minutes for them to finish consulting someone on a recipe.

Back