Thank You Global Warming

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upperNY01brewer

Reaction score
Thanks to global warming it is a record high of 68 degrees here in western New York, Rochester to be exact...When I seen the forecast for this week I ordered a Kiwi Express IPA all grain kit from Northern Brewer. My setup is in my garage and I normally shut down all grain operations for the winter in December and do partials in the kitchen. It gets freaking cold here in upstate NY during the winter, but it looks like Ive got another week to kick out a few more batches !!!!!! Yea baby Yea !!!!!!!:ban:

Thanks to global warming it is a record high of 68 degrees here in western New York, Rochester to be exact...When I seen the forecast for this week I ordered a Kiwi Express IPA all grain kit from Northern Brewer. My setup is in my garage and I normally shut down all grain operations for the winter in December and do partials in the kitchen. It gets freaking cold here in upstate NY during the winter, but it looks like Ive got another week to kick out a few more batches !!!!!! Yea baby Yea !!!!!!!:ban:

I'm in the Cuse and loving the weather. And btw, we have a local group grain buy with some Rochester folks if you aren't already part of it and want in!

Waaaaay too nice here too. Broke the record set in 1886 here today.

I will take the mild winters, but am a little concerned about increased volatility and sea levels.

cheezydemon3 said:
Waaaaay too nice here too. Broke the record set in 1886 here today.

I will take the mild winters, but am a little concerned about increased volatility and sea levels.

Meh... We survived the rising sea levels from the big 1886 thaw. Just another excuse to buy a boat!

My setup is in my garage and I normally shut down all grain operations for the winter in December and do partials in the kitchen. It gets freaking cold here in upstate NY during the winter

I'm not upstate, just in Bayonne NJ, but man I'm the opposite - my operations kick up when the temps go down. Obviously unless I want to run a cooled fermentation chamber and wort prechiller summer is no good, just too warm in the house and I fermenter in the hallway which is cooler. But another aspect I really love about brewing this time of year and winter season is the ground water is so cold it chills the wort super fast. Outside of that I just bundle up and have always been comfortable.

Rev.

I'm not upstate, just in Bayonne NJ, but man I'm the opposite - my operations kick up when the temps go down. Obviously unless I want to run a cooled fermentation chamber and wort prechiller summer is no good, just too warm in the house and I fermenter in the hallway which is cooler. But another aspect I really love about brewing this time of year and winter season is the ground water is so cold it chills the wort super fast. Outside of that I just bundle up and have always been comfortable.

Rev.

Yea I will keep going all grain as long as the temps are in the 30's or 40's, but in Jan the temp usually dips down into the below zero range, that's just to freaking cold for me, even bundled up. I think because I work outside year round and the last thing I want to do when its freezing out is to be in the cold. That will change this coming summer when I finish off the garage with drywall, insulation and heating....then year round brewing :rockin:

Nice now but sitting in the pouring rain at 35 degrees Sunday watching the s**t Bills made me wish it was colder. I can handle 3 feet of snow but wet rain is terrible. At least we had tents and good beer at the tailgate!

Back