What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if I'm the first but I know there are more of us somewhere...

I'm a medical student.

So someday, physician/surgeon/brewer;)

Acoustical/ Noise Control Consultant & working on a Mechanical Engineering Masters Degree.

Software Developer with a BS in Computer Science.
You have to at least be interested in science for this to work, right?
Either that, or you really like waiting for beer. :)

Logger,ive done a little of every aspect,now ive moved up to one of my companies layout guys,we make the logging plan and daw maps accordingly,smarter than your average hand in the brush but no engineer

Human resources type work. Business major, should have been a computer science guy. Now learning on my own and fermenting in my basement!

Wildlife biologist, and current graduate student. I'll be interested to see if there are any other's on here. Not the most common profession I suppose....

Sign fabricator, awnings, illuminated neon, vinyl, service and install. Rigged 150 boom truck...now kitchen and bath designer for Lowe's

Registered Dietitian with a MS in exercise physiology. Currently working on a research project involving insulin detemir with people who are obese and have type 2 diabetes.

Pre-Med out of HS, got bored after two years (smart enough to grab the associates on the way out) and went in the Air Force as a medic. Got out of that, finished my degree but went Business/Finance. Now work as a Technical/Safety Trainer for a large telecommunications business.

Bersquack said:
I'm an actuary.

I heard that an actuary is a person who always travels with a bomb - because the odds of there being TWO bombs on an airplane are atronomical.

'Zat true?

Australian Ocean Engineer living in Norway ... But sadly get to use my engineering brain much these days ... so I just put it to good use in my brewing (not physically include my brain in the malt bill - that would be just wrong).

not many in the creative/arts fields.

Photographer/Designer here

Actually making a living in a creative profession is not actually that simple a thing to do. There's not many making it in creative/arts fields, in general, and the down economy hasn't helped.

I'm still writing fantasy novels. I don't make as much money as I would like, but at least I own my own IP. I used to work for other people, and it was horrid without control of the IP.

Profession Home Brewer. Retired Pilot!

rf4cSMALL.jpg

Actually making a living in a creative profession is not actually that simple a thing to do. There's not many making it in creative/arts fields, in general, and the down economy hasn't helped.

I'm still writing fantasy novels. I don't make as much money as I would like, but at least I own my own IP. I used to work for other people, and it was horrid without control of the IP.

True creative/design expenses tend to get cut early by accountants who do not understand the repercussions.

Good luck with the writing going up. I know one girl working on her first novel.

I build custom commercial cabinetry. Hospitals and such. Union and decent benefits, its been slow but were still kickin. :mug:

Chemistry professor, with Ph.D., M.S., and B.S. all in chemistry. Brewing is a great hobby, I love it.

Back