White Grape Peach Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheeto's_Chick

Reaction score
Just prepared and ready to go sit!!!!!!
002.jpg

Jason conviced me to start another cider after my misshap with his beer he brewed while home on R&R. Was scared to do it by myself in case i mucked it up again.

That might be partially my fault. I do tend to egg him on a bit and you might say that beer does tend to come up in conversation...ALOT!

OK, so this may sound like the tastiest frickin' recipe I've encountered in a while. Details please.

Wow i wasn't expecting questions..... lol

Here is what i used...

2.5 gallons of White Grape Peach juice( no sugar added )
Dextrose to taste
and 1 packet of Lalvin RC 212

Forgot to take a gravity reading but Jason used his nifty pc program and came up with an estimate

1.080 O.G

I hope its tastey, haven't made this one before!!

Alright, if this turns out like the White Grape Peach concoction I did a few years back, beware! It's not technically a cider, more like a fruit wine cooler :p It's a great first date wine, and I named mine "Liquid Panty Dropper."

Good luck :)

Alright, if this turns out like the White Grape Peach concoction I did a few years back, beware! It's not technically a cider, more like a fruit wine cooler :p It's a great first date wine, and I named mine "Liquid Panty Dropper."

Good luck :)

Sounds like a great thing to feed Cheetos_Chick when I get home !!!:D

Jason told me to practice and learn by taking photo and gravity every week so after 1 week. Its bubbling away and the gravity is 1.060. Tastes alright sweet with grapes lol. Not much of a peach taste hmm. Anyway here is a pic!!

Week12.jpg

I've heard that in brewing apricots will contribute more of a peach flavour to the final product than real peaches do.

Hmm that is interesting.....May need to do another expierement.

Anyway
I tested again today 2nd full week of happily bubbling. Had to cool it down a little stupid heat wave and my AC went out. Its now at 1.032. There is a bit of a heat to it but still real sweet. Don't have a pic, still looks the same to me lol.

I added a 4oz bottle of peach flavor extract from my LHBS to my american wheat beer. I had also used 1 can of peach puree. I think the extract contributed more flavor then the puree, I'd use it again in a heartbeat. I was also able to add half to the keg, taste it, and decide if I wanted more. Just something to consider if the peach doesn't come through in the final product.

That looks awesome! Can't wait to try cider.

On a side note where did you get the thermometer on your carboy?

I got the thermo on the carboy from my local home brew store. Its a sticker that ya just stick on the carboy very handy for a quick check on temps.

Time to degas, Ms. Cheeto?

Most of my non-malt based brews (ie wine, hard cider, hard lemonade, etc.) slow WAAAYY down after about 5 days unless I degas it every day. If it's in a bucket, just pop the lid and stir the crap out of it for 20 seconds or so (with a sanitized spoon, of course). Your yeast may be experiencing CO2 toxicity and are unable to work efficiently because of it.

That sounds alot like oxygenating an almost fermented brew. I would just leave it alone to do its own thing. There is only so much CO2 that can remain in suspension in a air locked carboy. Way less than the 2 atmospheres of pressurization that most carbonate with.

Hmm I see where this is going

if is doesn't turn out I will try it with some Peach Ice Tea .......

and yes you will be drinking some this regardless how it turns out !!

-Jason

Dude,

Really!

You are sleeping in the laundry room with the dog now !

because I am going to need the Couch after this !!!

-Jason

HAHA we did already talk about that humidor, although did not know you bought it. There is no way you are sleeping on the couch after being gone FOREVER.

Latest posts

Back