Schnieder weisse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underwaterdan

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had schneider weisse? It is my favorite beer and I want to try a clone or something like it. I know I can't replace it, but I am looking for something like it that I can enjoy. Anyone have a recipe?

I brewed the Aventinus which turned out completely excellent. Let me know if you want that one.

There was a Aventinus clone recipe in last months, or the month before that, of Brew Your Own.

Which Schneider Weisse are you looking for? There's a few. :)

I have tried cloning Schneider Weiss several times. The biggest factor for you will be to keep your temperature down in the mid 60s. The clove character of Schneider is very difficult to replicate. On my last attempt I tried harvesting yeast from a couple bottles and documented my process on here. I grew yeast but got a subsequent infection so I don't know if that would have been good or not... bummer.

On my next attempt I will be adding at least one decoction to see if that gets me closer.

If you do a search there is some info on this topic.

Sparky what is the recipie you have for aventinus? I am planning to brew one soon, Has anyone used the 3333 german wheat or should I go with the 3068 yeast? Has anyone used both? what was the diffrence in your beer?

I have used the 3333. My Hefeweizen came out crystal clear- clearer than any of my beers have in a long time. It is a super-flocculator. The overall flavor was rather mild for a Hefe...I won't be using it again.

I have used the 3333. My Hefeweizen came out crystal clear- clearer than any of my beers have in a long time. It is a super-flocculator. The overall flavor was rather mild for a Hefe...I won't be using it again.

What recipie did you use for the hefe?

Back