Looking for clear 12 oz bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJTree

Reaction score
Hi,

New brewer here and I have my first batch of American Wheat - German Pilsner almost ready to go.

I normally do things differently so I was frustrated when I only saw brown bottles available online.

Does anyone have an online source for clear, green, or other colored 12 oz glass bottles?

Thanks,

PJ

I dont' have an online source but you could always buy a couple of cases of Newcastle Brown Ale. I was into using a couple of clear bottles each batch for awhile there, fun to watch whats going on.

bottled-15.jpg

Find a friend that likes Corona and have them save bottles for you. Check out the local bars and see if they serve Corona. A little taste of good homebrew may get you more bottles than you can afford to fill.

Just a question...why do you want clear bottles? Light is an enemy of beer. It will skunk it pretty easily/quickly. Brown bottles block out the most light & preserve flavor better.

Just a question...why do you want clear bottles? Light is an enemy of beer. It will skunk it pretty easily/quickly. Brown bottles block out the most light & preserve flavor better.

A very true statement....but I'm looking to bottle some Skeeter Pee lol. Planning on giving it out at a few up coming events and I think the clear bottles will distinguish it nicely from my other home brews in brown bottles...

I've seen clear bottles on Northern Brewer & eBay, but I think they were 16 oz EZ-Cap Bottles...don't think I've ever seen plain 12 oz pry-offs.

This is looking to be an impossible project.....I really don't wanna end up using Corona bottles. Blah.

Others have suggested Newcastle. I don't think the bottles are "plain", though, I think they have the raised lettering.

I just got done washing a clear bottle that was some crazy import, I can't remember which, my cousin bought it... but I think that had raised lettering too.

Not sure what TricorBraun's min order is, but they have some (list of all with crown finish)

I know I've seen some somewhere else, but it would take some digging.

Also, if you're looking to bottle stuff to give away, why buy glass online? You could order some Clear PET with caps, it's about $85 plus shipping for a case of 12oz bottles(168/case) and a case of caps(144/case). You have to buy more per order than you might with glass, but you'll end up paying less overall per bottle. That way it's not so much a loss when they don't come back.

I think your skeeter pee would look really sexy in those bottles.

Back