Sweet, merciful jeebus-- HOPS!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyp063

Reaction score
So I come home from work today to find a big package on the front porch.
I'm a bit puzzled as I know that neither I or SWMBO have any deliveries scheduled.
Take it inside & open it up. Well I will be dipped in all of it.

My brother, a tea-teetotaller BTW, sent me an early Christmas present.
1 bloody friggin' pound *EACH* of Citra, Amarillo, Goldings & Fuggles! All in nice little 1oz.packets

He knows I love to brew & it appears to me that he did some research.

The downside?
Now I need to figure out an equally cool gift for him.

Sumbitch

wow, way to go bro. you owe him one for sure.

Edit: This is the internets, by the way....pics or it didn't happen!

Holy $hit! What does he think you are supposed to smoke them! hahah

Seriously...awesome....you better clear your schedule for some serious brewing next year! :mug:

Very nice! I've been trying to score pounds of Amarillo and Citra for the past week. Looks like they're gone for a while, so you're lucky indeed to have those and in 1 oz packs no less. Cheers! :mug:

Surprised the crap out of me, he did.

I've been on Vella Cheese's web store putting his package together :)
I'll have give him Bacon of the Month Club too, methinks

What the deuce is a tea-teetotaller? I have been trying to figure it out but I failed...

A person who completely abstains from alcoholic beverages may be called a teetotaler, a description which has surprisingly little to do with the non-alcoholic beverage known as tea. "Teetotaler" actually comes from a relatively obscure grammatical practice known as reduplication. By duplicating the first letter, the speaker gives additional emphasis to the entire word. Before it was applied to fervent non-imbibers, the term "T-total" was already in common use as a synonym for complete or absolute. A teetotaler, therefore, would be a person who has completely or absolutely sworn off the consumption of alcohol

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

But back to your hops... Awesome!

Back