Citra Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mosebag

Reaction score
Looking at the AA of Citra Hops I'm intrigued as to whether or not you could do a brew using this style exclusively? Does anyone have any experience or a good recipe to toss around? I'd love to bring out the fruity flavors in a unique way, cheers.

I've never brewed with Citra, but I have had Sweetwater's Border Hop-per, which uses a lot of Citra. It was phenomenal, very heavy pineapple flavor. As soon as I use some of my massive hop stash, I will definitely be picking up some Citra.

Looking at the AA of Citra Hops I'm intrigued as to whether or not you could do a brew using this style exclusively? Does anyone have any experience or a good recipe to toss around? I'd love to bring out the fruity flavors in a unique way, cheers.

I've likes using Citra for hop bursting (large late hop addition) and dry hoping. Others I have talked to have liked using it also as a bittering hop.

So far I have used it in a IIPA APA , Golden strong, Belgian pale and Tirple. I have liked the results so far in all these styles.

So far I have only used it in an American Wheat as late additions. I love the subtle fruitiness of it. I have plans for an IPA stewing in my mind.

Using it as a single hop in an IPA gives you massive stone fruit and tropical fruit flavors. It tends to dominate when used with other hops in equal quantity blends, so unless you want it to be the focus, I'd take it easy. One of my favorite hop varieties by far.

I brewed an American Wheat with Citra over the summer and it turned out great. It was basically the Blue Star clone from BYO with Cascade as bittering hop and Citra for the flavor and aroma additions. I plan on brewing this again this summer using all Citra.

Latest posts

Back