Found Beer from 1/2007

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgoldb1

Reaction score
I was getting my 22 oz bottles out of storage to get ready for my first non-Mr Beer extract brew and I found 2 22oz beers from Jan. of '07. could I get sick if i drink these? I see quite a bit of sediment/yeast on the bottoms of the bottles. I am curious to see what they taste like but I don't want to drink anything that may make me sick. I don't think I was overly cautious with making sure everything was sanitary when I was brewing with the Mr. Beer kit...

It might not taste good, but i doubt it would make you sick. As far as I know, there are no known pathogens that can survive in beer. I have tried 5+ year old bottles of homebrew and I am still here to tell the tale.

-phil

I was getting my 22 oz bottles out of storage to get ready for my first non-Mr Beer extract brew and I found 2 22oz beers from Jan. of '07. could I get sick if i drink these? I see quite a bit of sediment/yeast on the bottoms of the bottle. I am curious to see what they taste like but I don't want to drink anything that may make me sick. I don't think I was overly cautious with making sure everything was sanitary when I was brewing with the Mr. Beer kit...

Wont make you sick, drink up! :mug:

I would save one of them so you can taste what you used to make with Mr. Beer compared to what you make now with your increased skills.

Get ready for some oxidation flavors, but otherwise you are golden. Nothing that can live in beer can make you the least bit sick or come close to killing you. Thank you alcohol and alpha acids.

It could make you sick if you drink 12 - 22ozers ;)

I tried the beer tonight. It was surprisingly good. Very clear but had little carbonation. After swallowing it had quite a bite to it. Overall...not too bad.

Back