Brewferm Belgian Christmas Experience?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatherJack

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a new comer to the world of brewing and will bottle my first beer sometime this week (an extract kit).

I plan on sticking to extracts for a bit and playing around with them.

My mother is coming to visit me by the end of the year and I wanted to get something special for her to try. I was thinking of throwing in some Brewferm Belgian Christmas beer for her to try. I wanted to get it started on October 30th (due to money constraints, the very soonest I can start it is October 25th-only 5 days sooner), and bottled 2 or 3 weeks later.

My question is: does that give it enough time to age and develop its flavors? By my estimates, that would be roughly 5-6 weeks in the bottle.

Or any other seasonal suggestions that can be done with extracts?

Thanks!:mug:

My seasonal last year was really just TERRIBLE. It took months and months and months and MONTHS for the spices to blend with the malts, and by then it just tasted stale. I'd suggest that September or early october is a better time to start a holiday ale. If you're going to leave it until the end of October, definitely get started as early as possible.

Yeah, I found that out. I just saw on a Japanese website that they recommend about 6 months for aging.

Oh well....I'll get on top of it next year and just tinker around with this and that for now.

Thanks!

Back