ALERT: Pliny the Elder in bottles!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was given to me. I think Wades will get some though. They are doing a Stone tasting tonight and they are the distributor for RR. Possible they got some already. Father's Office has it on tap, but you probably knew that.

Are you a falcon?

I'll most likely be at the tasting, I work about two blocks from Wades (William there is a good guy).

I'm not a Falcon but have considered it for a couple of years now, guess I should get off my ass and do it. I've had a few members here and with the Falcons ask why the hell I haven't joined.

I'll most likely be at the tasting, I work about two blocks from Wades (William there is a good guy).

I'm not a Falcon but have considered it for a couple of years now, guess I should get off my ass and do it. I've had a few members here and with the Falcons ask why the hell I haven't joined.

Dude, you really should join. We have great events . I'll probably be at Wades with 6 or 7 Falcons tonight. Maybe we can score some Pliny.

[/End Hijack]

I'm there tomorrow evening for the Saugus/Westlake football game. I will sneak over to Wades and grab some Pliny if they have it. I've only tried it on tap... it is truly a hop heads' delight.

BTW, I'm a Falcon but I don't attend many events. Need to fix that.

I'm there tomorrow evening for the Saugus/Westlake football game. I will sneak over to Wades and grab some Pliny if they have it. I've only tried it on tap... it is truly a hop heads' delight.

BTW, I'm a Falcon but I don't attend many events. Need to fix that.

Sorry, they don't have any Pliny. Go Warriors. :)

Korndog,

Damn it, my mouth was watering. I'll stop by anyway - I'm in the neighborhood.
Do you know anywhere in LA they have bottles? I tried Veldrone in Toluca Lake Tuesday and they did not have any.

Korndog,

Damn it, my mouth was watering. I'll stop by anyway - I'm in the neighborhood.
Do you know anywhere in LA they have bottles? I tried Veldrone in Toluca Lake Tuesday and they did not have any.

Last I heard your best bet is going to be Red Carpet in Glendale. There's a place in Long Beach that had it last week but that is a bit of a haul.

Just poured this: appearance is crystal clear apricot with a nice head that leaves decent lacing as it slowly dissipates. The Columbus is quite obvious on the nose at first with the citrus of Simcoe brightening it up a bit. There seems to be less pine on the nose than the draft versions I have had, but overall it's very similar and unmistakably Pliny. As is usual for this beer, the malt is not overly assertive and plays a minor supporting role to the explosion of aroma and taste of hops. The bitterness does not seem quite as assertive as the draft version, but I am told that the second bottling was more on target than the first. All in all, this is a wonderful brew and definitely world class. I look forward to trying the second bottling for comparison, but would not complain if this was the last DIPA I ever had. There are many good offerings out there these days with darker malts, but I am still a fan of this beer since it does what it is supposed to do; showcase the brilliant hop schedule. Pale malt and a little crystal is all that I think should be obvious in a DIPA with full attenuation; this beer does not come close to being mistaken for an American Barley Wine as many others do. Great beer. I am happy that many will have the opportunity to try a true California classic. Vinnie rocks!

By the way I picked up a six pack of Pliny a while ago, and should be able to get some more to send out. I promised I would ship some to those who want it, I have just been busy finding a new job, moving to a new apartment, etc.

So..... PM me and we can work something out. Don't know how or when I will be able to send these out, but I want to live up to my promise.

Anyone know if it has made it to Washington yet? I haven't seen it.

Man, I love RR as a brewery but...

their "art direction" is absolutely horrid! :ban:

Anyone know if it has made it to Washington yet? I haven't seen it.

Man, I love RR as a brewery but...

their "art direction" is absolutely horrid! :ban:

On a trip over to the Seattle area last weekend I went to Bottleworks and picked up a few bottles as well as a bottle of Damnation. Haven't tried either yet, can't wait though.

On a trip over to the Seattle area last weekend I went to Bottleworks and picked up a few bottles as well as a bottle of Damnation. Haven't tried either yet, can't wait though.

Excellent! That means Jim's Homebrew will probably have some of it soon :)

:off:Are you going to the fresh hop festival in Yakima this Saturday?

Red Carpet Wine in Glendale has plenty. I went there last night and picked up a few bottles for myself. Can't wait to try it.

$12 does seem a bit high, it was only $4 at Red Carpet.

Do they sell this at BevMo in California? I don't have very many places to buy beer in my town.

Do they sell this at BevMo in California? I don't have very many places to buy beer in my town.

Bevmo won't have it since RR won't ship to them being that they won't ensure that it's stored cold at the store once it gets there...or at least thats what I've read elsewhere.

Bevmo won't have it since RR won't ship to them being that they won't ensure that it's stored cold at the store once it gets there...or at least thats what I've read elsewhere.

Are you talking about everything or just Pliny? I haven't seen any Pliny, but I know the Bev Mo in Pasadena carries Damnation on a regular basis.

This is their shipping list from the website

Are you talking about everything or just Pliny? I haven't seen any Pliny, but I know the Bev Mo in Pasadena carries Damnation on a regular basis.

This is their shipping list from the website

THANKS! I'm trying really hard for the SS deal and time is running out.

Edit:
Okay so now I've discovered that the closest place that sells this stuff is over 2 hours away.... Is it worth it?

Has anyone found this beer around the Philly area in bottles? According to RR website they have a distributor in Philly called Origlio Beverage. The problem is that I don't know what local Beer Distributor they send it to.

I believe Origlio only distributes pliny in the keg. I know Teresa's, TJ's, Firewaters, and Capone's have all had Pliney and Blind Pig in the keg at different times. I think the Drafting Room has had it too...

Bottles, I have not heard of any bottles yet.

Thanks Ryan..When I went this past weekend and asked around I got the same response. I was able to score some Bell's though. We can't get that in the NY/NJ area.

I am also in the Chicago area, but really want to get my hands on some Pliny... anyone know how?

(Trying to decide which hoppy beer to brew next...)

I was looking for it at the same place yesterday. Though they were out, I have to admit the guy's suggestion of hair of the dog blue dot double ipa was quite satisfying.

Back