Please recommend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pintocb

Reaction score
A good extract recipe for a german hefe similar to Paulaner. I really like the banana and clove flavors from a german hefe. I have bought from Austin Home Brew, but will branch out if anyone has a great suggestion from another source.

Also, will the fermentation temp be as responsible for those flavors as the materials used?

Thanks!

Yes, the right temperature and the right yeast will make all the difference. I just made my first bavarian hefe myself, but from what I've read, you want to use WLP300 or Wyeast 3068 Weihenstephan yeast - and as far as temp I think 66-68 is in the right balance range. Lower temps should give you more clove, and higher temps should lean more toward banana flavors. Mine's fermenting at 67 so we'll see how that turns out.

I'm a partial masher so I don't have an all-extract recipe for you, but check the database.

A good extract recipe for a german hefe similar to Paulaner. I really like the banana and clove flavors from a german hefe. I have bought from Austin Home Brew, but will branch out if anyone has a great suggestion from another source.

Also, will the fermentation temp be as responsible for those flavors as the materials used?

Thanks!

A friend of mine had this on tap last weekend.

German Hefeweizen- Extract | MoreBeer

The banana flavor threw me I never tasted anything like it before.

Back