Eco Friendly Drinking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fails to consider the impact of driving somewhere to drink vs having bottles & cans in-house.

the energy cost is too high. why doesn't america re-use bottles like other countries? that would save a pile of money and energy.

kegs are the way to go. cheaper per weight AND reusable.

This article forgot to mention the obvious greeniest solution. The one that eliminates transport of large quantities of water filled cans and bottles and uses refillables almost exclusively. The one that does not require driving a car to the liquor store or pub. The one that keeps the back yard beasties' bellies full and results in, of course, the best damn beer possible... (pause to enjoy the aroma of my own flatulence) HOMEBREW ON!!!

TheCrane said:
This article forgot to mention the obvious greeniest solution. The one that eliminates transport of large quantities of water filled cans and bottles and uses refillables almost exclusively. The one that does not require driving a car to the liquor store or pub. The one that keeps the back yard beasties' bellies full and results in, of course, the best damn beer possible... (pause to enjoy the aroma of my own flatulence) HOMEBREW ON!!!

I'll be damned if your farts don't smell like roses....

The article also fails to assess the environmental benefit of stumbling home on foot from a bar and nitrogen added to the soil when i pee on trees.

Back