Group Buy in Chicago #6

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do we set the cutoff for this current buy?

• Close it on Monday, October 8, 2012 11:59 PM

• Close it when we reach 164 sacks?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
please include your hbt username in the paypal transaction since i know most of you by that name much better than by your real name. thanks.

Confirming hop splits

Mt Hood Split:
5# havoc531 (3lbs Kenny, 1lbs Grady, 1lbs Doug)
1# Gothic Horror
2# opteek
1# scotty77
1# miamiweiss
1# Demon
0# remaining, closed

Sterling split:
2# opteek
1# metic
1# miamiweiss
2# remaining

2# of Sterling available! Get in on this!

Not to sound like an idiot but can you tell me where I can find the spreadsheet so I can initiate payment? Is there a link I can click on? Thanks!

Mark

Magnum is a GO!

Please include the paypal fee to Bill of 2.9% so $7.25 per lb.

Magnum winners are Metic, ThirstT, Neopol, SrBailey, Havoc531, Opteek, PseudoChef, Cadwallion, Scotty 77 & me. I'll pick up RC0032's pound unless someone else wants it.

The TF&S CII is 43.45 + 2.85 shipping * 2.9% paypal = 47.64 / 4 = $11.91 quarter sack
TF&S Winners are Forstmeister, Grinch, PseudoChef, & me

My paypal is matt.(my hbt username) at gmail (dot) com.

I'll send Bill the full payment now as to not hold up the buy.

starman said:
I'm in. We should make a new thread and accept its a different timeline than GB#6.

This is the time to do it.

I agree, we should include the word hop in the thread title as I'm sure there are quite a few people who will be interested in a bull buy like this.

UPDATE ON PAYMENT OPTIONS

Besides paypal, cash or check, I can also receive Chase quick pay. Sender must have a chsse account since I don't. Just as with paypal, send it to my email address. My email is my hbt username at gmail.com

Thanks.

I am still waiting for Chase to verify my external account, and it could take 2-3 days. I am accepting Chase payments as a convenience for others but I really do despise Chase Bank...

I am still waiting for Chase to verify my external account, and it could take 2-3 days. I am accepting Chase payments as a convenience for others but I really do despise Chase Bank...

I can cancel and go through PayPal if easier... no big deal.

I've worked for 5 different banks now in internal audit, and from what I see on the inside, they're all messed up... from mega-bank to community bank. The only reason I'm still with Chase is that my first job out of school was with the old First Chicago, and for whatever reason, my account with them is still coded as an employee account, so no fees. :D

Bill - are you thinking delivery towards the end of next week? (obviously based on everyone paying quickly)

I am not sure yet. I may be moving equipment next friday so the delivery would have to wait. Ideally, the following Monday so I can have room to bring the pallets inside instead of underneath the canopy like during the summer. I have machinery movers coming in today so I will have a better idea. And as you mentioned, it depends on how everyone pays.

Confirming hop splits

Hallertau Hersbrucker Split:
1# Gothic Horror
2# opteek
1# scotty77
1# miamiweiss
1# Demon
0# remaining, closed

Per the quotation from CMG, the Hallertau Hersbrucker is in stock! :rockin:

I don't have a full Sterling bag order so unfortunately that one is canceled.

Gothic Horror, opteek, scotty77, miamiweiss I am PM'ing you my PayPal info so I can get bmason paid up!

Magnum is a GO!

Magnum winners are Metic, ThirstT, Neopol, SrBailey, Havoc531, Opteek, PseudoChef, Cadwallion, Scotty 77 & me. I'll pick up RC0032's pound unless someone else wants it.

The TF&S CII is 43.45 + 2.85 shipping * 2.9% paypal = 47.64 / 4 = $11.91 quarter sack

Thanks Matt. Paid

Randar will be adding about 6 more sacks to his order. This means that the totals with delivery charges will be slightly less than what they are now. We're talking a few cents a sack only. I hope no one minds. Thanks.

Magnum is a GO!

Paid.

Confirming hop splits

Mt Hood Split:
1# Gothic Horror
2# opteek
1# scotty77
1# miamiweiss
1# Demon
0# remaining, closed

Sterling split:
2# opteek
1# metic
1# miamiweiss
2# remaining

2# of Sterling available! Get in on this!

THanks Havoc I am PAID in full

Magnum is a GO!

Thanks Matt hops Are PAID in full

just want to post my current lists of splits, please make sure this is correct.....if it is not please let me know so i can adjust my notes :D

split list going out:

Forstmeister - MO - half sack

Brewingmeister - C40 - 1/3 sack
Opteek - C40 - 1/3 sack

Scotty77 - Malted Rye - 1/3 sack
Havoc531 - Malted Rye - 1/3 sack

split list coming in:

TheOneBuz - Cara Pils - 1/3 sack (also split with Demon)

Hey Frank I just wanted to let you know that I am PAID in full.

Magnum is a GO!

Just confirming here: I send Bill the $$ listed in the green column on the spreadsheet, and I will send you an additional $19.16?

Randar will be adding about 6 more sacks to his order. This means that the totals with delivery charges will be slightly less than what they are now. We're talking a few cents a sack only. I hope no one minds. Thanks.

6 sacks, added to my previous 4... PM'd to you.

Cheers! :mug:

If I am looking at my information correctly, there's a minor difference on my bill. I see TF Maris otter for $42.90 on my group buy page, but $42.35 on the quote. My GW 2-row is also off by 50 cents. If I'm looking at the wrong stuff, please let me know. Thanks for all of your efforts on this buy fellas

As I suspected, I was doing something wrong when I was looking up the information above. I wasn't on the "spreadsheet". Now that my uninformed self has found the spreadsheet, I have a couple of questions.

I lack experience with paypal (last time i used it was group buy #5). so do I click on PURCHASE or PERSONAL, and then what SUBCATEGORY do I use?

Also, does the green column on the spreadsheet include paypal fees (i'm thinking not)? How would I calculate those fees if not?

Finally, did I read correctly that I am pating BILL for the MAGNUM hops? If not, then to whom should I make the payment?

Sorry for what must feel like stupid questions to others, but my pea-brain isn't computing properly here!!

Since I am not really selling anything and instead just collecting money to buy on behalf of the group, use the personal payment method. See below

8. Fees.

8.1 Fees Overview.
Fees are based on whether you are making a Purchase Payment or a Personal Payment.

For Purchase Payments, the recipient of the payment will always pay the fee.

For Personal Payments, the following applies:
The fee depends on the Payment Method you use.
The fee is paid by either the sender or recipient, not both.
The sender of the payment determines who pays the fee at the time the sender makes the payment.
What is the difference between a purchase payment and a personal payment? This important distinction will determine whether or not it is against the rules to charge the buyer the paypal fees. The ToS clearly state that the fees of a PURCHASE PAYMENT must be paid by the recipient, however, for a PERSONAL PAYMENT the fees can be paid by either party with the sender choosing who pays the fees.

Bill I wanted to let you know that I am PAID in full for the grain buy. Thanks

Thanks Scotty, I read that more carefully this time and worked my way through it. I paid $7.25 on top of the green column value. I hope Bill was collecting for the magnum!

ThirstT said:
Thanks Scotty, I read that more carefully this time and worked my way through it. I paid $7.25 on top of the green column value. I hope Bill was collecting for the magnum!

I was not. Scotty, I will PayPal you $7.25.

ThirstT said:

I'm confused. Who gets the $7.25 that was paid to me for the hops?

Magnum is a GO!

Sorry for causing more mess here, but I thought that starman's post was saying to pay Bill for the magnum. Was it supposed to be paid to starman??

ThirstT said:
Sorry for causing more mess here, but I thought that starman's post was saying to pay Bill for the magnum. Was it supposed to be paid to starman??

Good question. Starman...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back