Tap Handle Suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcabrew

Reaction score
So I wasn't going to post this for a while but I had an accident while building my EHERMS which required I get some stitches and now that build is on hold until the stitches get removed from my hand (typing with 1 finger). So the other day I bought some toy Grenades from the local dollar store which were pretty cool and when I saw them I immediately thought that would make a cool tap handle. Now these grenades come equipped with clips and if you squeeze the handle it makes explosion sounds. I was thinking of just some how affixing these to my current black plastic handles or some wooden dowels. But the bottom appears to hold the batteries. So I'm wondering about everyone's opinion as to how to turn these into tap handles with or without sounds. Here are some pics. The dollar store had a ton of these.

image-2473878546.jpg

image-3695091787.jpg

image-4145825693.jpg

LOL thats great! i would try to take out the inside by unscrewing the bottom get a wooden dowel and glue it in and have the other end of the dowel drilled out to fit your connector to the tap. very cool!

F'ed up that you can buy fake grenades for a dollar. But since you have them...

Attach some of those tap nuts to the bottom with glue. To want to keep the sound intact at all cost. Pull the tap, get an explosion.

Nice find.

Maybe I'll try just gluing it to the top of my plastic tap handle. So everything is functional. If that doesn't work than I'll get a little fancy. Should I just use gorilla glue? Or is there something better and stronger than that

Finally got around to making the tap handles. Pretty easy just used some gorilla glue and then a small piece of electrical tape to transition the grenade to the original handle. The grenades still makes the explosion sounds when you squeeze the trigger handle

image-2908634094.jpg

bad ass. if i see these i'm getting them. thats so nice that they make noise

Simple and easy way to add a little character to your boring handles when you get bored of them

There is no access now to the batteries for replacement. But for a dollar each for the toy grenades I figured I would just get some new ones when the batteries die out

Back